Nissan Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
i pwn your mom
5,439 Posts
the sad this is, i have been tellin people about the extremely bad quality for years, and thats why i switched to hotshot.. sad thing is, people dont like to listen very much...

·
Banned
4,308 Posts
psuLemon said:
the sad this is, i have been tellin people about the extremely bad quality for years, and thats why i switched to hotshot.. sad thing is, people dont like to listen very much...
the very same people take your sig literally :rolleyes:

·
TwiztidKidd
807 Posts
I got this from them last year for 50 bucks, $73 shipped. I love the sound and quality is nothing like what that guy described. The flanges are not mild steel and you can't see that ugly welding anywhere on mine. Looks all mirror after the salt season. Maybe they got cheap , I'm sure they import their stuff from diff. places they don't actually manufacture all the products so you don't know what you're really buying... and for 50 bucks for that rear exhaust portion I frankly don't care what happens with it but I wouldn't sell it for 200 bucks if you asked me. :)

That's how it looks after 7 months on my car. I took it off to paint my whole exhaust system in high-heat paint, several coats except this beauty.

·
Banned
4,308 Posts
ok, freaky exception...............but this is an anti SS auto chrome.......no stop giving people reasons!

·
TwiztidKidd
807 Posts
1.6pete said:
ok, freaky exeption...............but this is an anti SS auto chrome.......no stop giving people reasons!
I was just saying I bought their product and I didn't ran into any problems... and the product gets my vote... you'd think I really care about that guy with the blown civic... and I really don't care about ssautochrome either... screw em I got my muffler just when I was looking for one. Since you seem to have an opinion about their stuff what exactly did you buy and went wrong?

·
Banned
4,308 Posts
i was joking , i know you like the exhaust, i read your thread when you bought it :thumbup: thats cool im glad it worked out for ya.

·
TwiztidKidd
807 Posts
I remember I asked the seller if it comes with a midpipe on ebay... and this guy emailed me back the next day with: "NO MIDPIPE !!!" lol

Then they had a bolt-on ss cat converter for 91-94 sentra up for auction for $21 buy it now... it looked like a perfect fitment for my car... LOL and I had the nerve to ask them if it'll pass emissions in IL ... I never got any answer on that one. I still like the original calsonic catalytic better anyways.

·
Destroyer of Engines
561 Posts
That has got to be the worst customer service I have ever seen, even if they did make good products I still wouldn't buy from them.

·
Not Anymore.
5,014 Posts
150 dollar header for the Spec V compared to HotShot, NISMO and AEBS which are all 350+...if that doesnt raise an eyebrow there, people deserve to get ripped up the ass.

·
i pwn your mom
5,439 Posts
there is a reason why you can buy a header for 120 bucks.. trust me, i bought the obx header from ssautochrome before i knew this website, it didn't really provide any gains and it didnt fit... i emailed them 5 times and left a message on their message board on their website.. no answer from any...

·
Not Anymore.
5,014 Posts
I may have worded that poorly. I meant raise an eyebrow at SS...not HotShot, NISMO, or AEBS. If the SS was as good as the others, I wouldnt have wasted 5 months trying to find an AEBS. :p

·
Destroyer of worlds.
874 Posts
wait...so did the company actually respond in the manner described on the website? i can be the website is slanted, but if those are quotes i'd say hes got a point.

·
i pwn your mom
5,439 Posts
the company never response to that kind of stuff.. it is a really crappy company.. they dont stand by their products or the quality is way below par

·
Not Anymore.
5,014 Posts
Well, at the same time he probably paid about 300 bucks for a turbo header and downpipe...if someone is that stupid to expect a high quality part for that price, they deserve to get ripped off.

·
i pwn your mom
5,439 Posts
well thats the problem.. most people think you get just as good quality and power from these generic rip offs because some look the same and what not, but no one will test the header or other product

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hello!
I can't say something bad about SSautochrome...
I bought a header there 2 years ago...
O.K.,... the chrome is really not the best, but I think it's a good header...
And that for US$180 shipped...
In Germany (I come from Austria) a header for the GA16DE cost
nearly US$1500...
And I must say, I love my NX1600, but I am not interested to buy a
header for US$1500 when I can have nearly the same one for US$180...
Nice greetings
Markus

·
Not Anymore.
5,014 Posts
mekschn said:
Hello!
I can't say something bad about SSautochrome...
I bought a header there 2 years ago...
O.K.,... the chrome is really not the best, but I think it's a good header...
And that for US$180 shipped...
In Germany (I come from Austria) a header for the GA16DE cost
nearly US$1500...
And I must say, I love my NX1600, but I am not interested to buy a
header for US$1500 when I can have nearly the same one for US$180...
Nice greetings
Markus
I've actually been reading up on the different grades of stainless steel recently. Summed up simply, it is likely that if you have a NA header that no problem will exist because of the lesser heat.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts