Nissan Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Team Serious
2,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
ok,

I was messing around at a light and my aunt pulled up next to me..

So I popped it into N and revvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv:D ....

So she did the same...Btw she has a 2001 galant es non v6...auto

well light goes green and we nail it.... i get off a little better but my question is how did she keep up with me....i let the damn car hit 7000 rpm's in the first two gears.......I beat her but not by that much....

I did have 150 extra lbs in the car but that shouldn't be the reason should it?

dammit i am pissed i am gonna race her again and let you know...

forget it i realized that the car are around the same hp only problem is her car has allot of torque as well..
not to mention the fact that her car has about 400lbs on mine!

·
CA18DET Wizard
1,366 Posts
Good observation with the weight and torque differences;) I do believe if she had great neutral to drive skills it would've been more interesting. But, a kill is a kill even if it is your aunt:D

·
Registered
139 Posts
neutral to drive skills leeds to little chunks of mettal(your teeth on you gears) comming out of ur oil drain hole!!!!! i know iv dune it haha............not good on tranny:D

·
Registered
139 Posts
Yea i was wondering about that. do All nissans come with that warety????? cuss i bought mine used and i dident get a warenty from the deelership!!!!!!!!!!!!! or is the 5 year from nissan corp?????????

·
Registered
139 Posts
not realy i know it wa like 2 years ago uummmm....... i could get my payment book and get the exzact day........why??????

·
Team Serious
2,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Teknokid said:
Neutral Drops on a auto tranny are a big no-no. I dont have an auto tranny so thats not the issue with me but it is not good for the tranny.

Sorry I did not mention it but we did not do neutral drops...
i just put it there and made her growl a little and dropped it to first before the light turned...

S

·
0 Posts
That's good to know... hate to see your next post as, why why why... do i need a new tranny?

·
CA18DET Wizard
1,366 Posts
Now look what you've started selrider99, LOL....Your aunt is going to get herself a CAI, exhaust and get her timing advanced and she'll be looking to settle up with you by the weekend:p (just kidding)

·
Registered
152 Posts
i dont think the race should have been so close. if you had a 1.6 i could understand but with the sr20!?! there are a bunch of new galants running around my area and they are always trying to race everybody. one day my sister had me blocked in, so i took her civic to the bank and on my way there i spanked a galant twice. both times i pulled on him hard. even i would be uncomfortable with that race. i think you should ask for a remach(make sure your car is runnin right and light).

·
Registered
152 Posts
i still think if you raced with out the weight and made sure every thing was running right you should be able to spank that galant, my sisters civic did and that thing has no torque( at least it feels like it after driving my classic) and 17 inch rims.

·
CA18DET Wizard
1,366 Posts
I fpeople really want a [email protected] galant, they have a twin turbo version in japan. My friend has one if those engines in his warehouse and supposedly it puts out nearly 300hp. Too bad nobody wants because it's been sitting there for 2 years now.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts