Nissan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today after school I started my car and it kinda hummed like it normally did when started and went to idle. But then I backed up and out came the horrible bellowing noise from my muffler area. It is so freakin loud in any gear, it now makes that noise similar to those annoying honda fart cans. Today is also the first time the car spent in 100+ degree heat. Could the heat bearing on the car for hours cause such a difference in noise, or do you think someone stuffed something into the muffler. Could something inside the muffler have broken loose? Could an extremely hot Cat converter affect something like this. Ive had the Catback for 3-4 months and has not once sounded like this until today. Help me please cuz I can't even hear the music on full blast with the drone of the exhaust.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Or someone disconnected it for you. Anyone with a 14 mm wrench and 45 seconds of time can really screw with you if they felt like it. :D

·
Registered
31 Posts
Check the bolts on the downpipe to the front of the cat. If they came loose or the gasket blew-out it will sound that way. There are two 14mm bolts down there.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts