Nissan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Towards Antisocial
592 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, you all have the GA16DE eh?

i got a 98' 200 and after reading about these guys that have CAI, exhaust, HS headers, pulleys, etc. then dyno at 97HP, I become a bit CRAZY.

WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY.

doesn't my shit rate at 115HP stock?

so its what, 87HP on a dyno and 115HP rated from the flywheel. stock.

I wish I could afford a DEToy.

·
Towards Antisocial
592 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yah, James, I couldn't quite get what they were saying when I was reading that. I was IMing my buddy and half paying attention to what I read. I guess thats some GOOD news, the whole having a manual thing instead of auto.

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
You gotta remember that the sentra is supposed to be an econobox. If you want to push it to its limits, it will take $$$. I'm the one who got 97 hp, and I spoke to a guy with a manual and he says he's getting 120 or more now, with just a little more mods than I have.

·
Registered
553 Posts
our car has it's share of potential. Like was mentioned, it just takes some $$$ to get it there. Chef has more than proved that for the rest of us. :D

·
Registered
553 Posts
Boost is boost. :D Aren't there supposed to be some ways to strengthen the auto tranny? Like cryogenic treatment or something?

·
Cone Dodger
3,093 Posts
my solution......

save up the money set for crap like cai, headers, and other stuff then aim for forced induction, then smoke everything in sight, with respect to boost pressure and reinforcing the bottom end and the clutch, and the tranny and the halfshafts, and the gas mileage, damn, then i guess just get another daily driver.......

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
dono200sx said:
Boost is boost. :D Aren't there supposed to be some ways to strengthen the auto tranny? Like cryogenic treatment or something?
Check out my post in the Forced Induction-Turbo section. I called about strengthening the tranny....and for that amount of money, you're better off doing a manual swap.

·
Boost anyone?
1,625 Posts
Yeah i think a stock GA with a manual tranny has about 100 WHP give or take. It has more useable HP than an auto. The other day i was racing my friend with his 95 GXE automatic. I have a 96 GXE 5 speed. He has a POP charger and a custom 2.25" catback exhaust. I only have a POP charger. I smoked him. He couldnt catch up to me even if he wanted to.

·
DNE's VZR Conversion
6,079 Posts
hey !

i had A/C on !! and mine is AUTOMATIC !!! and plus i lost low end power due to that 2.25 inch piping and THERE WAS TRAFFIC !

u cheated ! lol

·
Administrator
1,075 Posts
Teknokid said:
Yeah i think a stock GA with a manual tranny has about 100 WHP give or take.
While a manual is more efficient than an auto, I'd be really surprised if any stock ga16 made 100 whp. I know it's closer to 90.

·
ex-Super *********
1,410 Posts
"Why is my shit so slow"

One hint...17" fittipaldi avus wheels weigh about 26lbs.. Thats almost twice as much as my 16" K1's which I could feel slow my car down a little, but the weight penilty is small compared to the benifits in my case. Your wheels are way too big and heavy for a GA powered Sentra

·
Boost anyone?
1,625 Posts
So what, you were alone in that car. I had Karla with me. I had an extra hundred pounds in there. 26 pounds is a lot of weight but not all 17" rims and tires weigh that much. I honestly think 17's look better than 15's or 16's.

·
ex-Super *********
1,410 Posts
Hmm should I flame you guys for not knowing the effects of weight on wheels or should I explain. LOL
Ill explain. 1 pound on a wheel is about the same as 10 pounds in the car. Lets use my car as an example first. I have 16" Kosie K1's They weigh about 15 pounds. My tires are Kumho 205/40/16 and I am not sure of their weight. I do know however that my entire wheel/tire package weighs about 16 pounds more then the stock 13" steels and tires(all together). That ends up being like having a 160 pound passenger with me all the time as compared to stock. Now with those avus wheels that weigh 26 pounds thats 11 pounds more per wheel then my car not including tires which are most likely heavier than mine because they are bigger. So just for wheels the avus are a total of 44 pounds heavier than mine. If mine are 16 pounds over stock then since the avus are almost 2 times the weight of my wheels, hes looking at about 30 pounds over stock. Thats like having a 300 pound person with you all the time as compared to stock wheel/tires. I say thats a big reason his shit is so slow. yes 17" may look better to someone who wants looks, but someone who wants go not show sees the light 15" or 16" as better looking.

p.s. You dont even want me to go into what wheel weight does to ride quality and handleing. Can we say unsprung weight???

·
Towards Antisocial
592 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Definately- if I do anything else, it'll be something like the hotshot kit, or a DET. No wasting time with small stuff. Good Idea ya'll. I didn't go to school for nothin.

PAtScott, your right about the wheels. I knew my wheels were heavy, and I know about unsprung weight. All that stuff was not important at all in my decision to put them on the car. the 200SX (I don't have a Sentra) has the typical Nissan wheel wells which are big IMO. I wanted to fill them without having to drop the car 38 inches lower due to the lack of travel in our suspention, I didn't want to RUIN my shit. Nor did I want the super expensive suspention set ups. So I opted for larger wheels cause (I mean no harm by this but:) they look so much nicer, IMO nothing looks good at all unless you get to at least 17" . The Fitti's I have look like 18's IMO -and are in my top 5 of the nicest looking rims ever made period. C'mon, Haven't you seen them? NICE. [email protected]#k wheel weight, I'd much rather have beautiful (racing) rims that weigh 10lbs. more, than some ugly shit people clown at every stoplight. Poor little 200 needs a little cosmetic help from the word G-O anyways. Let's not even talk about the Sentra. Also, I wouldn't even consider a heavier rim unless I was going to more than compensate for that in another way (engine, weight reduction etc)

1 - 20 of 51 Posts