Nissan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I know this may be a stupid question - but aside from that, why couldn't it? I mean the SE-R speedo does go up higher, but still -- 0 - 120 is *still* 0-120 no matter how you cut it :p. So why couldn't I just take the cluster out of an SE-R, hook it in to mine -- and then buy the reverse glow gauges for it and put them in? Just a question that I've been wondering about -- can anyone explain?
Tommy

·
Registered
185 Posts
Kenix said:
Ok, I know this may be a stupid question - but aside from that, why couldn't it? I mean the SE-R speedo does go up higher, but still -- 0 - 120 is *still* 0-120 no matter how you cut it :p. So why couldn't I just take the cluster out of an SE-R, hook it in to mine -- and then buy the reverse glow gauges for it and put them in? Just a question that I've been wondering about -- can anyone explain?
Tommy
It will bolt in, but the electronics is another issue. Also, you would be better off using a Sentra SE instrument cluster.

Now, about the electronics.....

If you spend some time with FSM wiring diagrams you could figure out how to repin the connectors into the cluster. If you are patient, you should be able to figure out how to open up the connectors, remove the old pins w/o breaking them, and repin. I had to do a bit of repinning when I installed cruise in my 91 SE-R (never offered from the factory in 91).

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ahh, cool, I might have to try that then -- Thanks for the tips Geo!
Tommy

1 - 4 of 4 Posts