Nissan Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
mike young has one i know but in the NPM it says it doesnt provide enough power to work the water pump and shit? what does that mean? on sentra.net it says everything works fine with it. mike kojimas a pretty smart fellow and he said it works fine so i dont know who to believe do any REGULAR people have it. these car tester fellas are battling and i dont know which to believe. and where can i get the best price for it? i found it for 170. thanks fellas

N

·
0 Posts
No problems here either. I got mine for $170. Make sure to get a smaller belt(s) though.

Sean...

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
No problems here either.

·
NPM Lead Editor/Webmaster
4,571 Posts
NismoB14 said:
mike young has one i know but in the NPM it says it doesnt provide enough power to work the water pump and shit? what does that mean? on sentra.net it says everything works fine with it. mike kojimas a pretty smart fellow and he said it works fine so i dont know who to believe do any REGULAR people have it. these car tester fellas are battling and i dont know which to believe. and where can i get the best price for it? i found it for 170. thanks fellas

who said that???? haha...I know I didn't write that..... I think you need to reread it...

The rest of the gains are due to underdriving. Underdriving works by reducing the speed at which the engines accessories turn by dropping the drive ratio in relationship to the crank. Power is increased by reducing friction. However, Unorthodox does not push the underdriving effect to keep the charging system, power steering, air conditioning, and water pump moving fast enough for the daily driven vehicle.

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
no problem ever since I got it and I road race mine alot, so mine heats up. I do have a nismo radiator and use water wetter. Best thing to do is get an accurate temp guage to measure the flucuating temps because the stock needle can vary by 30 degrees and still read in the dead middle!!!!!!!!!!!
Chris 92 classic

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
so mike?
i dont get it. everyone who has it says it works like a charm but you still say it doesnt provide enough underdriving effect to push some of the cars vital parts?

·
4,571 Posts
NismoB14 said:
so mike?
i dont get it. everyone who has it says it works like a charm but you still say it doesnt provide enough underdriving effect to push some of the cars vital parts?

I think you're still not understanding... What I said was

Unorthodox does not push the underdriving effect to keep the charging system, power steering, air conditioning, and water pump moving fast enough for the daily driven vehicle.

Key words "does not" push underdriving...in other words they designed it to be daily driven... If it was designed for pure race setup then they would push the underdriving effect.

I agree with everyone else.. The UR pulley is great. I've never experianced any problems with it what so ever... even in daily driving So Cal traffic jams with the AC on...

It has the seal of approval from myself, Kojima and everyone involved with NPM...!

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
I'm tempted to get the sr20 waterpump pulley too....since Will has had no ill effects with his setup....I guess its worth a try, when I got the $$. What you you think?

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
alright, thanks mike. sorry about the confusion. what happened to your hotshot header? and stromung exhaust? did you sell it already? i'd be interested if they're still around.

·
Nissan Freak
462 Posts
humm i want a pulley....anyone wanna get rid of theirs? i need one for a b13 1.6 :)

does someone know why part # are different for ga16de 91-94 and 95-99?????

·
Destroyer of Engines
561 Posts
yeah I have one too, only trade off is A/C dosen't work as well at idle.

N

·
0 Posts
XtremE said:
humm i want a pulley....anyone wanna get rid of theirs? i need one for a b13 1.6 :)

does someone know why part # are different for ga16de 91-94 and 95-99?????
For lack of better terminology b13 and b14 belts have a different number of splines and there are a different number of rings for the accessory setups. The b13 pulley has 3 rings to work a setup of alt, a/c, waterpump and powersteering. Each ring requires a belt with 4 splines. The b14 pulley seems to only have 2 rings with the big ring requiring a belt with 6 (??) splines.

From the project 200sx pages: http://www.nissanperformancemag.com/january02/images/pulley11.jpg

Picture of my b13 UR pulley (1lb 5.1oz):
http://68.50.211.93/undercrankpulley/images/URpulleyweight.jpg
Another one with against the stock:
http://68.50.211.93/undercrankpulley/images/pulleysoutside.jpg

My E only needs 1 belt to drive the waterpump and alternator so that's why the stock only has 2 rings (and it probably would have done fine with just 1).

Sean...

·
4,571 Posts
NismoB14 said:
alright, thanks mike. sorry about the confusion. what happened to your hotshot header? and stromung exhaust? did you sell it already? i'd be interested if they're still around.
The exhaust went back to Stromung... they sold it to one of the GA guys that helped us with fitment testing on an earlier model year.

The header is in my garage...

·
Registered
351 Posts
I decided to stop by.. semester is almost over :)

I have it and it's the quitest (ofcourse) and one of the best (in my opinion) mods for midrange gains (esp. with adv. timing)...

it's also a good excuse when your front seal is leaking a bit (common for B14 I heard)

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
By Nature said:

it's also a good excuse when your front seal is leaking a bit (common for B14 I heard)
Thats exactly what happened when I changed mine...I figured, they gotta take the pulley off to do the seal, so might as well change that too. :D

1 - 19 of 19 Posts