Nissan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
FIVE SPEED&FOAM INJECTION
1,541 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
who makes pistons- BESIDES NISSAN for all you smart-asses out there-lol:D Je, manley, wiseco? anyone know? If you do can you let me know? Im building that motor I blew using Nitrous- when I was at Nopi in ATL and Hot Import Nights in Orlando I got the N/A bug. My friend who is a salesman for the shop I install for said he cant find anything, and he checked like everyone. There is some company that will custom make them for me called Eagle- I will have to check with them too today,but if you know then please post a reply- thanks in advance guys

·
Registered
149 Posts
Didn't they have a thread on B15sentra.net about using Mazda Miata pistons in a GA16? Or am I just hallucinating?

·
FIVE SPEED&FOAM INJECTION
1,541 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well, the thing is though- I wanted to raise my compression to 10-10.5:1. I wanted forged pistons and rods too. I think Im just gonna have to have them made- I know theyre going to be expensive, I was expecting it anyways. I was also told that wiseco can custom make them. Alot of companys will, so I think its just picking one that is cost effective but still good.

·
3 bar MAP
1,381 Posts
interesting article

To cap off the connecting rods, I had Venolia make a custom set of higher compression, oversized pistons. Some people may wonder why I had Venolia make the pistons and not J.E. or Wiseco, who make tight tolerance pistons suitable for street or race. To be honest with you, I had ordered over 100 pistons in the past from J.E. for other engines, and they never really quite got them right. They also proved to be difficult to deal with, since their attitude was basically "It's only for a 4-cylinder." I tried to contact Wiseco, but they never returned one of my seven phone calls to them. Enough said. I had a good working relationship with Venolia already, and although they had never made a GA16 piston before, they said "Sure, just send an original piston, and a combustion chamber pattern." I did that and gave them the new compression ratio I wanted, and 4 weeks later had a set in my hands. [\quote]

Mather Motorsports
http://www.nissanperformancemag.com/april99/mather.shtml

Venolia
http://www.venolia.com/

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Pauter Machine is going to make them for me. I am going 11:1 compression right now to see what that does. I would not get titanium rods, but forged alluminum is strong enough, I have to send them a piston and the ratio I want, plus a pattern of the chamber (combustion).
Chris 92 classic

1 - 10 of 10 Posts