Nissan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there. I have a Nissan Caravan 2011 high top which I am converting into a camper for my wife and I. I pulled off this panel to discover this whizzy unit. I assume it is either a heating unit or the motor that powered the mobility chair lift that was installed in the van (but removed before purchase). Would appreciate your wisdom and thoughts on if this is a problem to remove. Thanks in advance.

·
NF Mod/Nissan Master Tech
2006 Pathfinder LE, 2003 Frontier SVE
9,767 Posts
It's a rear heater unit. The round part at the top held in with three bolts is the blower motor assembly. A little lower down you can see a brown harness connector going to a part held in with two screws; that is the blower motor resistor. Inside the part below that is a heater core, which you can see the coolant lines going to it on the right side. The rectangle at the bottom is the vent.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So it is another heater! Aha. Seems quite an overkill given the massive heating/cooling unit on the interior roof just above that. Thanks smj999smj. You're a legend. Do you know if this operates entirely independently from the front heating unit? Just wondering if removing it will effect the front one within the dash. Thanks again.

·
NF Mod/Nissan Master Tech
2006 Pathfinder LE, 2003 Frontier SVE
9,767 Posts
Well, keep in mind we don't have Caravans in the US, but we do have vehicles with rear heating (and A/C), like my R51 Pathfinders. If you removed it, it should have no affect on the front unit. You'll want to cap-off the coolant lines. I'm sure there's a control for it somewhere in the vehicle, usually placed on the dash or the overhead console in most vehicles, however I don't know where they put it in a Caravan.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts