Nissan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Nismo Fanatic
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
now by show of hands, how many of you guys actually drift, like go to events and stuff? i just want to get familiar with the drifters in nissanforums. thanx :thumbup:

-nacho

·
Nismo Fanatic
708 Posts
chimmike said:
tires are too expensive for drifting. Especially since I'm sportin 285/35zr18's in back.
ah come on man. get some spare rims.. and get some economy tires. even used ones will do. :thumbup: you're not supposed to drift on your nice wheels and tires man, at leasnt not in the back.
matt.. stop hating. everyone with a RWD nissan should drift it.. i haven't seen u at any event lately though. :thumbdwn:

Matt: errr, opps.. clicked edit instead of reply.. I love being a mod. ;)

·
i pwn your mom
5,439 Posts
nacho_nissan said:
ah come on man. get some spare rims.. and get some economy tires. even used ones will do. :thumbup: you're not supposed to drift on your nice wheels and tires man, at leasnt not in the back.
matt.. stop hating. everyone with a RWD nissan should drift it.. i haven't seen u at any event lately though. :thumbdwn:
why, drifting isn't an efficient way of racing.

·
Will work for beer
2,696 Posts
nacho_nissan said:
why would I do that? I've been to two autocrosses and four track events in the last two months 6 out of 8 weekends and I come home smelling like burned rubber and race gas.. how come I don't see you at TWS or MSR, where these cars belong? :)

drifting is simply motorsports' version of ballet. and I'm staying as far away as I can from any place that the membership is almost wholly brainwashed by pansy asshats like Mike Peters. :loser:

·
Nismo Fanatic
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Matt93SE said:
why would I do that? I've been to two autocrosses and four track events in the last two months 6 out of 8 weekends and I come home smelling like burned rubber and race gas.. how come I don't see you at TWS or MSR, where these cars belong? :)

drifting is simply motorsports' version of ballet. and I'm staying as far away as I can from any place that the membership is almost wholly brainwashed by pansy asshats like Mike Peters. :loser:
mike peters?! that guy is ghey! :rolleyes:
and maybe id be into road racing if i had money.. but since i cant afford real race tires, nice suspension, etc etc i stick to dori dori. :thumbup:

·
i pwn your mom
5,439 Posts
nacho_nissan said:
mike peters?! that guy is ghey! :rolleyes:
and maybe id be into road racing if i had money.. but since i cant afford real race tires, nice suspension, etc etc i stick to dori dori. :thumbup:
if you can't afford real tires, suspension , how do you honestly drift, it seems more like loosing control;)

·
i pwn your mom
5,439 Posts
nacho_nissan said:
real tires? lol. didnt u own a sentra? :givebeer:
200sx, so get it right bish;)... but what does a car have anything to do with the tires you put on it. I could have a beat with the most expensive tires on it :thumbup:

·
i pwn your mom
5,439 Posts
Matt93SE said:
You mean something like a GA16 Sentra? :cheers:
GA16 200sx, get it right bish;)

And if i really want, according to some peoples definitions, i could be one hell of a drift since FWD cars can drift nowadays :cheers:

·
Registered
52 Posts
I think the real question is to ask who here can really drift not some piss ass powerslide going like 20. and do more than some amatuer choku dori. As for fwd theres more ways than just an e-brake(which amatuer rwd drivers use as well/ side note the e-brake is great tool to correct drift and intiate drift for those that are beginning and even more advanced drivers still utilize it for the very same reasons.) to get it to slide there is the easy/hard(=dangerous for fwd) power over or the most difficult for fwd brake drift. I can atest for because before my B14 i drove a S13 which is quite easy to drift with proper mods and is easy to do all the techniques i just mention in rwd format. As for tires if your going for some cheap ass tires than your not really drifting good enough if were you would soon find out that drifting is all about the tires sure having meduim thread is better than starting off full thread but when it comes to having a little or no thread it just ends up being like stated before just losing control.And dont even try to begin to tell me you can control a car that has no traction whether induced or not. Its is just too diffucult unless you can keep track at all times of the feel of the thread on your car while maintaining your drifts, note the under/over steer balance your car has, feel how each tire is being worn by the course and your driving style, and then lastly using your skills to correct the problems that are caused by the high thread wear from your cheap/used tires.

·
i pwn your mom
5,439 Posts
B14Nismo said:
Now i won't agree with that drifting is very much a sport that requires lots of skill to be able to do it as a sport.
Drifting is for show. No real racer drifts. You want traction, not that lack there of.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Like a guy I met at an event once told me, "this sport is about having fun... not about who's the best and fastest, it's about going balls to the wall with your ride and having fellow drifters to back you up and critique you." Yeah, it was some pretty deep stuff he was talking about... It's all about having fun and keeping it sideways.

·
Registered
4 Posts
i drift my n/a 5 speed z around town, got some seriouse corners on lock around 45 50 km/h, little smoke nothin too seriouse but like havein fun,, few accidents up a curb into a fence and a few other curbs. beat up my car a little moslty body damage and replaced lower control arms but its all fun eh

1 - 20 of 24 Posts