Nissan Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
I have a Pacesetter header in my GA16DE powered B13. Yes, the Pacesetter doesn't look all that great, doesn't make as much power, and probably isn't the same quality as the Hotshot Header, but I am still overall happy with my PS header. I have in southern california, so I always have to worry about stupid smog emissions testings, mainly visual. Since my PS header is not shiny or anything, it can easily pass the visual smog testing. In addition, my PS header only costed me around $200. I would have loved to get the HS header, but due to my budget and living in california problem, the PS header was an affordable and cost effective method of upgrading the exhaust manifold. IF I had $440 in my spare pocket and didn't have to worry about a visual smog inspection, the HS header would have definitely gone under my hood.

·
Nissan Wizard
193 Posts
I thought ps came out before hs?!? Oh well, I'm happy w/my hs even though is has that stupid cricket/buzzing whatever sound.

·
Registered
351 Posts
b13nissan said:
I thought ps came out before hs?!? Oh well, I'm happy w/my hs even though is has that stupid cricket/buzzing whatever sound.
you too!?:mad: there is somekind of conspiracy with those things... and no one can clear it up

·
Registered
126 Posts
Re: AGREED - but not completely

By Nature said:
according to dyno comparos of Pacesetter vs Hotshot on 2.0 engine** here are some numbers:
Hotshot:
3.1 HP average power gain from 4400-7400rpm
2.6 LB-FT average TQ gain 4400-7400rpm

Pacesetter:
2.6 HP average power gain from 4400-7400rpm
2.2 LB-FT average TQ gain 4400-7400rpm

here are pics

now I am not advertising any of them, but one can make his/her decision whether they want to spend $200 or $400 based on these figures*

*last official figures that I am aware of
** 1.6 gains are probably similar, if not closer to each other

so is it worth it to spend $100 for 1/4 hp?

·
Nissan Wizard
193 Posts
By Nature said:

you too!?:mad: there is somekind of conspiracy with those things... and no one can clear it up

I agree. Someone said it was a leak...then beads in the pipe from being coated...then the flex pipe...etc. Oh well!:eek:

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
I can guarantee its not the flex pipe....It took me a day and $75 to figure that out...I swapped mine for a louvered flex pipe. :( But *someone* is still pressuring me to find out what it is....I gave up already. :mad:

21 - 28 of 28 Posts