Nissan Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Nissan frontier 2.5l 4Cyl 2014(less than 44,000 miles) runs strong but recently started giving me a lot of exhaust smoke (white) only at the first start if rest that long. Doesn't do it all the time, but when it happens, it is a lot. When this starts happening the car starts running rough as well. And oil consumption it is significant . I have replaced valves seals, but during the replacement I found oil inside the spark plugs well and I clean them all. After only a few days, started smoking again. The smoke doesn't seem to happen all the time though which has me puzzled. I can sit at a light one time and no smoke. The next time, I will leave a cloud. Have checked the coolant the level and color still good and I checked also the oil ans also it is good. I did test the check and test the PCV and it is good as well. I don't believe the issue is the EGR valve itself,... Any thoughts you have would be greatly appreciated. Assuming it isn't a major issue. Thanks a ton for your help.

·
Registered
348 Posts
White smoke may be a coolant leak ~ check the level in the Radiator not the Reservoir.

Oil Consumption would be a Blue Smoke if the oil is getting into the combustion chamber, but you say oil consumption and White Smoke, so the Oil may be being pushed out by pressure and bypassing the combustion chamber.

Time to get a Professional that You "Can Trust" to diagnose.

Could be Head Gasket, Cracked Head or Block.

Did you have sufficient Antifreeze protection over the Cold Winter Temperature's? Did this start happening after the Engine Got Hot?

Barney

1 - 2 of 2 Posts