Nissan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm breaking in my car, and I haven't gotten it over 3k other than once or twice. I notice anywhere around 2-3k if I put the clutch in, theres a faint whistling noise. Sounds like when you put a new intake manifold on and dont scrape all the gasket off. But if its under 3k it doesn't make it, and when its over 3k, it doesn't make it.

Haven't really looked under the hood since it's been soo cold out. Thanks.

·
Registered
871 Posts
The QR25 makes some weird noises at various RMP's (in my opinion of course). I remember early on I heard a 'whine' from the car at around 2500-3000... it either went away or I got used to it. I would not worry, if there was a leak the ECU would/should pick it up and throw an SES light.

·
Tune it
504 Posts
Bearings don't make any sounds unless they're going bad. They growl when they're bad. The throw out bearing is only engaged when you disengage the clutch. :thumbup:

·
Tune it
504 Posts
If it's like a whine it's your gears. They are breaking in probably and I personlly like to change the gear oil at around 10,000 miles to get rid of any metal shaving from the gears out from the break-in. Most of the shaving will be on your magnetic drain plug either way.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts