Nissan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
nissan??? whats that
280 Posts
manjula said:
sounds like it anyway. :)

Can it be a bad/worn pulley or lose belt? :)

Cheers.
Manjula
to cheack this look at the pulleys..if there is a part of one of them that is shinney or polished(not all greasy) then the belt is too tight in this spot and is rubbing against it harder than the other spots. i had that problem with squeeking i sprayed an assload of WD40 down there and it has stoped. i would plan on changing the belt tho

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanx fellas !!

Its defenitley coming from the engine compartment. I think it comes when I switch on the Air Con. Now I know what to look for.

Cheers,
Manjula :)

·
Registered
751 Posts
manjula said:
Thanx fellas !!

Its defenitley coming from the engine compartment. I think it comes when I switch on the Air Con. Now I know what to look for.

Cheers,
Manjula :)
Yea, mine did that too. Just tightened the belt. But then, it's been a few months since I turned on the AC.

·
Soon to be GA16it
444 Posts
Could be a worn bearing in one of the pulleys. I had a similar annoying problem and replaced all the belts but found out that the water pump pulley bearing was shot.

·
Nissan Junkie
917 Posts
something about A/C is that you have to run it atleast once a month even in the winter or the compressor can seize up on you I don't think that is the problem probally a loose/bad belt but just wanted to chime that in. So save yourself missery and a buttload of money run your a/c in the winter.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts