Nissan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since the XT is not longer sold in Canada, which vehicle are you getting after the XTrail? My lease is up in November 09, but I doubt I'll buy it out. Love the truck, but want to get something new.

Anyone here get a Rogue? Any thoughts on it? Any other vehicles in mind?

·
Registered
354 Posts
Not sure what I'd get but it won't be anytime soon hopefully. With fuel prices going the way they are though it'll probably be 4 cylinders again.
I think the Rogue is nice on the inside but don't care for the exterior styling. The rounded edges aren't doing it for me. The X-trail is a great compromise of utility and comfort. The Rogue doesn't look to be very utilitarian and that's fine for a lot of people. it does get good mileage too (eco auto rebate in Canada...for now).

·
Registered
132 Posts
Hopefully they'll bring the new generation X to Canada. My dealer said they have been asking for it because a lot of X owners don't like the Rogue look. If they don't though I'll probably get a V6 RAV4. They have quite an efficient V6 compared to others.

·
X-Trail Moderator
902 Posts
How about the Mitsubishi outlander?

Has anyone test driven it?

·
Registered
29 Posts
When car shopping, we found that the 2007 Mitsubishi Outlander was the best alternative to the X-Trail. At the time that we were looking for delivery, it was not available, or we might have settled for the Mitsubishi instead. We use our X-Trail to do a fair bit of hauling. The Outlander had a much higher loading height, smaller sunroof and I seem to recall that its middle seats didn't fold down flat entirely, On the plus side, it felt much more sporty than the X-Trail and rode more solidly. It also had the 7 seat option, although one could only fit small kids into them.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I have been looking at something to replace my Pathfinder. I use the Pathy for work, in forestry, but with the downturn in the industry the Pathy is seeing a lot more highway kms than bush.

My choices are lightly used XTrail or Forester. Both have the off-road ability I need right now, it will come down to other factors, such as cost and availability of a suitable model. I pretty much need a rear LSD and I get concerned about the placement of the muffler on the XTrail. But it looks to have better approach/departure angles than the Forester. We will see, no rush right now.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Good question.

We plan to keep the X for another 2-4 years when our kid is a little bigger. I figure that will coincide with the wide availability of mid-size SUVs with Bluetec diesels. I'd love to have a Pilot or similar, but I'd prefer the highway efficiency of a diesel. We go skiing every winter weekend, and one of our vehicles has to have AWD and decent ground clearance. We don't need true off road capability. The X fits the bill for now very nicely.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I'm gonna buy out my X when the lease comes up. I have too much fun in it. I love the utility and fuel economy, and the AWD during winter for trips to Whistler helps a lot..;-)

·
Registered
354 Posts
Talk about ultimate grip in winter.....:thumbup:
Maybe, but do you really need full-time AWD the rest of the year? I've never understood that and now with gas prices going up, up, up I understand it even less. Don't get me wrong, Subarus are nice and all but why pay for something you don't need? I fail to see the "beauty of AWD" in Toronto in July.

·
X-Trail Moderator
902 Posts
...Tend to agree with Rockford.

Also, don't get me wrong I love Subaru, but I find them overpriced.

·
XTRAIL-HOLIC
2,228 Posts
Do you guys have the Dodge Nitro there? I have been looking at it for the past week or so and I have to admit that it's growing on me for some reason LOL :)

It is no where as capable off-road vehicle as the xtrail, but being the "chrome king" that I have been crowned, it has got my attention. hehehehehe :)

EDIT: You do have it, I just checked HERE and man your prices there are so cheap for it !!!!! It is selling here down-under for around $44,000AUD for the diesel version.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Maybe, but do you really need full-time AWD the rest of the year? I've never understood that and now with gas prices going up, up, up I understand it even less. Don't get me wrong, Subarus are nice and all but why pay for something you don't need? I fail to see the "beauty of AWD" in Toronto in July.
Its fuel cosumption is actually on par with any compact SUV available right now...here are some numbers to prove my point..(all city figures since i do 90% city driving)

Honda CR-V - 10.7L/100km
Toyota Rav4 (I4) - 10.1L/100km
Nissan Rouge - 9.5L/100km
Subaru Forester (non-turbo) - 10.4L/100km
And throw in sthg just for reference...
Toyota Matrix (compact car) - 9.5L/100km

As we can see from the above numbers, other then the Rouge beatin the competition by almost 1L, I fail to see how full time AWD affects Forester's fuel consumption. In fact its doing pretty well.

But i totally agree with the fact that SUVs dont make much sense with the gas prices now adays, thats why i said i will only consider it if i manage to score a decent job.

·
X-Trail Moderator
902 Posts
Do you guys have the Dodge Nitro there? I have been looking at it for the past week or so and I have to admit that it's growing on me for some reason LOL :)

It is no where as capable off-road vehicle as the xtrail, but being the "chrome king" that I have been crowned, it has got my attention. hehehehehe :)

EDIT: You do have it, I just checked HERE and man your prices there are so cheap for it !!!!! It is selling here down-under for around $44,000AUD for the diesel version.
Jalal,
As a sound shopper that I am sure you are, you will soon take this vehicule out of your mind set...

I took some time off last spring and during my vacation I read through a nice thick magazine on 4x4 cars of all makes. The Dodge Nitro was crowned the Lemon of them all... Sorry to burst your bubble but better now than too late :)

PS: If you are wondering why it is growing on you it is probably because it has similar features as an X-Trail...click here: http://www.nissanforums.com/x-trail/128011-nitro-resemblance-coincidence.html

your friend,

·
Registered
298 Posts
A guy I work with has the R/T NITRO and loves it. Lots of room and horsepower. The interior actually looks good too. Dodge has taken some risks with the designs of their newer cars and it seems to have paid off.

My only problem is DODGE. They're not as crappy as FORD, but unless I was buying a one tone diesel pickup, I wouldn't even drive onto the lot.

·
XTRAIL-HOLIC
2,228 Posts
Marc,

Test drove the Dodge Nitro today (the CRD diesel version) and have to admit I liked the exterior and interior a LOT, but it comes no where near the exy in terms of handling and power/performance, it is just bloody heavy as a tank on the road and doesn't accelerate as fast as the xtrail. The body roll on hard turns was something unbelievable, I am not even sure if a strut bar can fix this body roll.

On the plus side, the seating position is higher than the xtrail, the standard stereo comes with the subwoofer at the back, so you can imagine the "doof doof" sound it produces. The seats are very comfortable and the interior is calssy (although it's full of plastic like our xtrails, but a very good finish)

If it wasn't for $50,000 (top of the range), I would have considered it.

The funny part was them evaluating my chrome exy. They just couldn't give me a trade-in price and said they have never seen anything like it before, so they have to do some research before they can give me a fair trade-in price LOL :)

I told them I would be happy with (keys for keys) deal. hahahahaha :) :) :)

1 - 20 of 46 Posts