Nissan Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
18 Posts
Try to find some efficiency maps that match with what you want to use the car for. My Cavalier V6 is going to be running a remote mounted 60trim T3 compressor, stage 2 turbine with a .48 A/R housing, which should be 74% efficient at the 3000-5500 RPM range, which is amazing. Do some research, and look at some books on the subject as well, if you are going to be building your own system. Corky Bell's Maximum Boost is a great source of turbo knowledge. Just my advice.

Henry

· Registered
18 Posts
Actually, it is a 60 Trim .48AR stage 2 wheel that we will be using. Essentially a massively overhauled version of the one from the Turbo Thunderbirds. I wouldn't buy a turbo kit for any car anyways. Remember, unless it is a truely hard-core builder, most kits are still going to be "accountant" kits, which will not necessarily be the best for the money. If you are looking at different turbo(s), don't settle for the stage 3 wheel (I think that is what Garrett calls it), as it will spool up much slower than the same turbo with a Stage 2. If you are looking at a used turbo, make sure you take it to a place that will take it apart and replace all the seals and essentially make it like new, should run you $150 to have one refurbished. Just a thought, has anyone tried a Volvo or VW turbo on the Nissans?

Henry

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.