Nissan Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Wise Cracker
6,155 Posts
If your s kint student good luck with the build as it is not cheap. Actually the Hot Shot kit now comes with the GT28RS and not the T28, they have changed their kits.

What do you mean by hige, what kind of power goals do you have and what are you going to use the car for? This will help us recommend the right turbo.

· Wise Cracker
6,155 Posts
95200SX_88CavyZ24 said:
Try to find some efficiency maps that match with what you want to use the car for. My Cavalier V6 is going to be running a remote mounted 60trim T3 compressor, stage 2 turbine with a .48 A/R housing, which should be 74% efficient at the 3000-5500 RPM range, which is amazing. Do some research, and look at some books on the subject as well, if you are going to be building your own system. Corky Bell's Maximum Boost is a great source of turbo knowledge. Just my advice.

Henry
I think that is going to be a back pressure nightmare up top though on the motor. Make great boost down low but it willchoke out up top. WHat about a larger turbine housing on the same turbo?

· Wise Cracker
6,155 Posts
Well the T28 and the GT28RS have similar response with the GT28RS making a bit more boost down low. If you are running over 10 PSI they both make full boost at around 4200-4600.

I would go with the GT28R (not rs) as it is a really nice turbo and is responsive. It is basically a ball bearing T28 which helps with response.

If you buy a GT28R you will probably be hard pressed to find a used one as it is a newer turbo. The only chance you have is if you find one from an S15 SR20DET silvia as it is the OEM turbo used in that application.

· Wise Cracker
6,155 Posts
Lurch said:
and with them being new and probably rare i wouldn't get them for much less either!

Cheers for the advice mate...and the Hotshot kit will accept that with no probs either as it will be the same flange's and mountings i assume??

Whats the difference between the R and the RS??

i'm hoping to run around 13-14psi in the end but i'm having problems with sourcing cams at the moment...

JWT don't do a cam for the Euro spec GA16DE as it doesn't have VTC (VCT?!?) either way round...and they won't do a one off as they say it isn't worth it. I'm looking at trying to get Piper cams over here in the UK to get me some made up custom, hopefully i'll be able to find the specs of the JWT ones so i can see if they can make me some up similar! Without those i don't think i'll be able to reach my target but who knows!
R and RS are totally different. Same exhaust flange but compressor is totally different. So depending on which HS kit you get the RS piping kit won't work without modification. Pic your turbo and go from there.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.