Nissan Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Getting a SpecV is just about a done deal. i just need to wait for my parents to get back into town. this is the problem, i like the brembos and the sound but i can only get Silver (Plain), Black (scatches), Yellow (Too Rice), and Red (nice) WITH the brembos. or i can get the audio package with all the colors including the volcanic orange which is the color i want BUT no Brembos. so is it worth it to get the brembos for the car or are the ABS brakes nice as well?

-Steve

·
Not Anymore.
5,014 Posts
Personally, I would get the orange without the Brembos, and then buy a Stoptech kit. I didn't think the Brembos with the OE pads had much on my 11 inch rotors and base calipers that are upgraded. You can get the Brembo kit for our car from HP Autoworks for like 600 bucks.

·
Registered
871 Posts
I would not worry to much about the breaks, do you plan to race in autocross? For the street there is virtualy no diffrence in the brembo package. To me its a appearance mod only. You can buy much better aftermarket kits. The color of the car is a big deal, make sure you get the color you want.

my $0.02

·
Work With What You Got
845 Posts
i vote for red .. but im kinda bias :)

·
Registered
455 Posts
Red for sure. It's hot and sexy. And forget the Brembos. Unless you're at the track every weekend. Even then, I'd say forget em. They're only on the front anyways and at the expense of a pretty good ABS system. I'd ask around for pricing as well. I've heard guys talking 15k and shit (which would be great if it were in Canadian funds). But even so, a thousand US can buy all kinds of crazy shit.

·