Nissan Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am considering either the Weapon-R dragon Intake or an Injen Cold air intake. Which is better? Also I found an HKS super mega flow intake system, but it says it is for the se-r. Is this any good, and would it fit an SE?

·
What is Seven Ten for?
2,917 Posts
meangreen200sx said:
I am considering either the Weapon-R dragon Intake or an Injen Cold air intake. Which is better? Also I found an HKS super mega flow intake system, but it says it is for the se-r. Is this any good, and would it fit an SE?
I believe the SE is just the 1.6 right? If so then it wont fit because the SE-R is a 2.0

I'm not sure out of those 2 which are the best, however the HOTSHOT is the best.

·
i pwn your mom
5,439 Posts
get the hotshot cai or the injen or place racign.. the weapon R is rice, hks is prolly a cheap knock off or just the filter..

the se is the ga16de or 1.6L..the se-r ones wont fit properly.. but Hotshots is proven to be the best

·
What is Seven Ten for?
2,917 Posts
make sure you get an K&N filter on there as well

·
Have I Hit 12's Yet?
5,325 Posts
psuLemon said:
but Hotshots is proven to be the best

ive never seen dyno charts to prove this...but i hear it alot. that doesnt make it true though

·
i pwn your mom
5,439 Posts
we have seen hotshot dyno charts, have you seen any other company, so until a company can proven them wrong, they are the best

·
Registered
23 Posts
NotAnotherHonda said:
ive never seen dyno charts to prove this...but i hear it alot. that doesnt make it true though
I put a hotshot intake on my 1.6L, and it was the most horrible experience of my life. You have to enlarge the hole in your fenderwell to put the piping through and it took FOREVER to get it big enough. I don't know if I was shipped the wrong intake or what, but GOSH it sucked. As far as performance... I can't feel a DANG thing. It does add about 40 audible horsepower though. It was almost worth the money for the sound alone... I think...........

·
TwiztidKidd
807 Posts
I liked the drilling method used HERE to enlarge the hole unless you have a rotozip or one of those expensive drills that's able to cut sideways. Also I believe it says in the instructions you have to install the extension tube before you install your battery back in. I enlarged that hole a lot so now I can take the extension off and put it on without doing anything to the battery... oh and the Hotshot MAF adapter sucks I saved the HKS adapter I had.

·
Spidey One
164 Posts
meangreen200sx said:
Go with the HotShot or Ingen...they proven to be the best for our 1.6's :thumbup:

·
Banned
4,308 Posts
Skoodles said:
hey where can i find an adapter plate so atleast i can put some kind of cone filter on my car
ebay. type in "sentra intake then look for a 1.6L intake. i got one for $21, but now im getting a placeracing CAI for $130 :thumbup: brand new.

·
Banned
4,308 Posts
ebricenojr said:
Careful with the eBay thing...if you want the intake to fit perfectly. If you're not afraid to work at it, then eBay is a good deal.
? its just a getto ass filter and aluminum adaptor... how can you get ripped on that? lol. i built a support bracket for it myself out of a piece of aluminum metal. 1/4 inch thick, 1inch wide, and bent at a 90* angle..........its solid.

·
Spidey One
164 Posts
1.6pete said:
? its just a getto ass filter and aluminum adaptor... how can you get ripped on that? lol. i built a support bracket for it myself out of a piece of aluminum metal. 1/4 inch thick, 1inch wide, and bent at a 90* angle..........its solid.
Well damn Pete...email me the instructions on that mod.....:thumbup: I just don't have enough time to make things on my own (as much as I love to). If I'm not working, I'm spending time with my family (wife and kids need attention, or I'm sleeping in my Spidey One) :cool:

LOL...but yeah I need to do something with this Short Ram Intake I have.

·
Banned
4,308 Posts
heres what you need.

large hammer
foot
brick
anger
peice of aluminum

now place the aluminum over the brink with the part to want to bend on the enge of the brick. place your foot on the side YOU WILL NOT BE HITTING WITH A HAMMER! stand on it. use the anger and hit the crap out of the side you would like to bend...........there you go! you just made a nice bracket!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts