Nissan Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A weapon R Dragon intake system or a hotshot half stack system. or any suggestions that are not cold air. only looking to spend $175.

Also are OBX high flow Cat converters any good or do you know better ones.

Trying to increase my low end my high end is there
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cold air intake

Nismo1997 said:
Go with HotShot Cold air intake. PM me Im selling mine
How much are u selling yours for
and what is the best bypass valve cause im in louisiana and we get a lot of water thats why i wanted short air
 

·
nissan??? whats that
Joined
·
280 Posts
curtisj85 said:
Does it make any improvement or would you reccomend another cat
SRY I Was talking about a BY-Pass vavle

Just order a stock cat there really good no need to spend money on a "high-flow" when stock will be fine..if there is a gain its 1-2hp max and i doubt if your wheels will even feel it
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks

slow200 said:
SRY I Was talking about a BY-Pass vavle

Just order a stock cat there really good no need to spend money on a "high-flow" when stock will be fine..if there is a gain its 1-2hp max and i doubt if your wheels will even feel it
thank you very much for the info
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
4,308 Posts
if you want a high flow cat. go to the sr20deforum.net boards and get an se-r cat (sr20 cat) that is all you will ever need unless you get a turbo.i just out my place racing CAI in today and i love it! granted it was a bitch (thats only becuase they gave me one for the shorter MAF and i had to dremel off about 2 and 1/2 inches off the MAF end.) but it all fits now :thumbup: dosent sound any differant than my ebay WAI but it does have more power. my nissan tis a tourquey son of a bish. it snowd here and i can get the little thing so make a smooth start, allways some type of wheel spining :thumbup:
 

·
nissan??? whats that
Joined
·
280 Posts
No problem.. I not completely sure about the whole cat HP gain but from what i have heard the Hp change would be so small that its pointless to spend double what you would pay for stock..unless you plan on going turbo some day then i wouldnt worry about getting an After Market cat..
 

·
Wise Cracker
Joined
·
5,730 Posts
1.6pete said:
if you want a high flow cat. go to the sr20deforum.net boards and get an se-r cat (sr20 cat) that is all you will ever need unless you get a turbo.i just out my place racing CAI in today and i love it! granted it was a bitch (thats only becuase they gave me one for the shorter MAF and i had to dremel off about 2 and 1/2 inches off the MAF end.) but it all fits now :thumbup: dosent sound any differant than my ebay WAI but it does have more power. my nissan tis a tourquey son of a bish. it snowd here and i can get the little thing so make a smooth start, allways some type of wheel spining :thumbup:

Shit that cat is fine for turbo applications as well as it is 2.5" in and out. My car was dynoed through the stock cat.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
4,308 Posts
wes said:
Shit that cat is fine for turbo applications as well as it is 2.5" in and out. My car was dynoed through the stock cat.
ahh. i didnt know :thumbup: but i did know its fine for NA. well theres you answer, thanks wes :cheers: also having put my cai on i can say that the amount of water to fill that thing up is insain! if you go in water that deep you shouldnt drive! and you will have electrical problems like whoa! also the force needed to draw water up a 3in diameter tube would stall the engine before the water ever got into it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
thanks again

thanks again for the info :cheers: and if i did wanna go with the SE-r cat i should stick between the b1 years right. dont laugh im learnin
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
4,308 Posts
curtisj85 said:
B14 years not B1
yes sir. you could get any sr20 cat. but a b14 se-r or a g20 would be the best way to go because they are newer, hell i think a b15 sr20 would even work im not sure tho.
side note: you can edit posts, that way instead of making a new post with your correction you can simply change what you messed up.......or add to it! i edit my posts non-stop, but you can only do it for up to 2 hours after you have posted it.
 
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Top