Nissan Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
DNE's VZR Conversion
6,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i want to know what headers are the best and most affordable for the GA16DE engine model. can anyone give me advice?

·
Former SuperMod
745 Posts
Best? Hotshot

Affordable? That is a different story. :D

A Gen 4 Hotshot header can be found BRAND NEW for about $350, give or take on the location of your choice. Sometimes a bit cheaper, and sometimes more expensive. A lot of the Hotshots come with copper gaskets, which are very nice to use. Finding a used Gen 3 Hotshot header will work just fine too.

So... cheaper headers will work (My Focuz header does the trick), but you will see a couple more ponies and tq from a Hotshot. One noticable difference between most other brands and Hotshot is the quality (HS having ceramic-coating).

Hope this helps. Also, see a couple previous threads about headers for the 1.6L...

·
NPM Lead Editor/Webmaster
4,571 Posts

·
tiffany was hardcore?
195 Posts
:p hot shot is the best bang for the buck i think ...
i am just waiting to get mine:eek:

·
Former SuperMod
745 Posts
Another reason to go with Hotshot is they supply a flexpipe with the header, whereas (for example) my Focuz header does not include that piece. Bottom line --- you pay for what works best. :)

G

·
0 Posts
focuz headers

I just got my focuz header in today
I am a happy man. I have the gaskets and everything all ready, all i need to know is, what part did any of you that have already changed header had trouble with? I will probably try and bolt this on with a friend, but any advice from the forums would be great. :)

better?

·
Former SuperMod
745 Posts
We really didn't have any trouble installing my Focuz header (notice the singularity of the noun ;) ). You will have to keep the OEM pipe that is just in front of the cat though, as there is no flexpipe piece (as stated in my previous post). It took some manuvering around the alternator.... but it fits. Just make sure you tighten down your manifold bolts to proper spec ft/lbs and that the gaskets are flush with the metal. Take your time and do it right.

·
DNE's VZR Conversion
6,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanx guys.. but ill wait till end of summer cuz a new series of headers are coming out soon with one of my friends companies he deals with. He can get me the headers that provides more HP than the Hot Shot and cheaper as well.

·
4,571 Posts
LIUSPEED said:
thanx guys.. but ill wait till end of summer cuz a new series of headers are coming out soon with one of my friends companies he deals with. He can get me the headers that provides more HP than the Hot Shot and cheaper as well.
got dyno charts to prove it?

What Company?

·
Former SuperMod
745 Posts
LIUSPEED said:

Hey, we are all family here. If the company your friend deals with knows some un-named brand that supplies a GA16DE header, spread the wealth. I think I speak for everyone here when I say that we would LOVE to see a header made of better quality, producing more HP and TQ then the Hotshot... and, as you claim, at a cheaper price. We are all in deep anticipation. :)

·
4,571 Posts
sentra94xe said:

Hey, we are all family here. If the company your friend deals with knows some un-named brand that supplies a GA16DE header, spread the wealth. I think I speak for everyone here when I say that we would LOVE to see a header made of better quality, producing more HP and TQ then the Hotshot... and, as you claim, at a cheaper price. We are all in deep anticipation. :)
I would agree with Joe on this one as well....

If it is as stated, lets hear about it...

·
DNE's VZR Conversion
6,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
so far no dyno charts. it still in production that what my friend said. Ill jes wait on it and when i get it ill try 2 dyno it and show you guyz.

·
Dan the car meet man
404 Posts
Pacesetter Headers

I've been talking with pacesetter about their headers for a while now. They've been telling me that they don't really care about making an all performance header. They just want to make a street legal header that helps better than the stock application. This is why they're reluctant to change their design and do more research and development on the sentras to make the most possible power out of their headers. I asked them if they'd look into a 4-1 with 1.5" primaries, 34-36" primary lengths, flex pipe, and a 2.5" collector but they said it's not worth their money if no one purchases them.

How many of you wouldn't mind paying around $250 for a ceramic coated design that's made to those specs that I have listed? They might be willing to change their design if there was enough support for the change. Each batch of their headers contains 100 headers and they don't want to lose money if there wouldn't be any chance of them getting sold.

Now, for ya'll that don't know, I tried installing their header on a 1994.5 Nissan Sentra 1.6L Limited edition and I ran into these problems:

1) 02 Senor wouldn't fit
2) 1st Primary Touched the alternator
3) Collector did not bolt up to the exhaust
4) Fried my 120amp Alternator

If you'd like to see these pictures, go to http://1minute.com/dan/

They aren't going to do much to resolve all of these issues for me but they said they'd look into moving the O2 Sensor a little, add a header collector extension, and they'll ceramic coat mine for free. I just wish they'd move the #1 pipe a little bit further away from the alternator.

·
4,571 Posts
LIUSPEED said:
so far no dyno charts. it still in production that what my friend said. Ill jes wait on it and when i get it ill try 2 dyno it and show you guyz.
So is the Company name a top secret?

Kinda hard to claim more HP when its never been dyno'd... I personally don't think it's possible to get more HP than the Hotshot Header... if they copy the HS design they may get equal results, but more?...highly unlikely.....

But I like to stay open minded... so I gotta see it to believe it...

·
4,571 Posts
dho said:
Pacesetter Headers

Now, for ya'll that don't know, I tried installing their header on a 1994.5 Nissan Sentra 1.6L Limited edition and I ran into these problems:

1) 02 Senor wouldn't fit
2) 1st Primary Touched the alternator
3) Collector did not bolt up to the exhaust
4) Fried my 120amp Alternator

Exactly....now with all those problems was it worth the cost savings?

·
Registered
149 Posts
Why would you want to work with them if they are being so stubborn? It doesnt sound like they even want our business. So if they are not willing to do whats best for the consumer then thats on them, and they arent getting a dime from me to get their meager power gains.

·
Former SuperMod
745 Posts
I don't know if they want our business or not... I don't make assumptions like that without verifying with the source (this being DigitalRacer). All I heard was that the owner of this site owns or at one time did own a G20. AND that they did provide a HS header for SR20DE motors. Maybe if there was some additional talks to the owner of the site about GA16DE headers, something could be worked out.

BTW, you claim Hotshot gives "meager power gains"... at least that is how I took your brilliant post. Please enlighten me, everyone on this forum, and those respected mechanical engineers/Nissan gearheads that performed the dyno on how their dyno-proven specs are meager.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.