Nissan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
V.I.N.
1N6SD11Y6RC345081

I have a 1994 truck. Standard cab. 4x4. XE. 5spd manual with AC.

2.4L KA24E engine

It needs some work and I think there are several version of this engine out there. I think there is an identifying mark on the block, but don't know where to look.

Can anyone read my VIN number and tell me which engine I have?

I need to do an engine overhaul. Need cylinder head, bottom end rebuild kit, pistons, rings, bearings, timing chain, etc.. Want to be sure and get the correct parts for my engine.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't see any information in that link that I didn't already provide in my first post. Maybe I'm not looking at it right?

I read there are some engine with a stamp or emblem on the block. C12? or C21?

·
Registered
48 Posts
There is a silver stamp on the wall of the engine compartment on the passenger side of the truck in my 1993 truck. If you stand on the driver's side of the engine compartment, and look across you should see it right under the lip.

It should tell you the information there, including the transmission type, should you need that too.

Cheers.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Why bother to rebuild? You can get a long block or even a complete new motor for a lot less hassle and most likely the same amount of $$

·
Registered
215 Posts
V.I.N.
1N6SD11Y6RC345081

I have a 1994 truck. Standard cab. 4x4. XE. 5spd manual with AC.

2.4L KA24E engine
you are correct i work at nissan and i have the system to read vins. (unless you or someone else swapped it out)

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Why bother to rebuild? You can get a long block or even a complete new motor for a lot less hassle and most likely the same amount of $$
Long blocks cost between $1800--$2300. You know of a cheaper source with a 3yr/100,000 mile guarantee?

I can have it machined (if needed), buy all new bearings, pistons, wrist pins, rings, gasket sets, timing set, lifters, valves, guides, springs, camshaft etc for about $1000.

Not to mention the experience of it all.

Why pay somebody else to assemble parts for you, when you can do it yourself and you KNOW it's been checked out and done right? I'm not a member of the "instant gratification" generation. I'd rather spend the time and enjoy the experience of rebuilding it myself. Have built all kinds of V8 engines, from mom's old 1979 Ford LTD with 302 engine, to my brothers small block 283 Chevy in his sport truck, to a handful of Ford 427 and 460 drag racing engines that cost over $10K each, to a couple of your bone stock 1600cc VW engines.

But I've never touched one of these little 4 cylinder engines. I think it will be interesting. I enjoy messing with cars. I got the hand tools to do it right. Why not?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
you are correct i work at nissan and i have the system to read vins. (unless you or someone else swapped it out)
This is the factory engine. I've owned the truck since it was new. Has 243,000 miles now and she's TIRED. Not smoking. Still running fine. Just tired. Still on the original clutch. Will replace the clutch and put new u-joints in her while the motor is out.

Thanks.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
There is a silver stamp on the wall of the engine compartment on the passenger side of the truck in my 1993 truck. If you stand on the driver's side of the engine compartment, and look across you should see it right under the lip.

It should tell you the information there, including the transmission type, should you need that too.

Cheers.
Thank you, SIR!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts