Nissan Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
XTRAIL-HOLIC
2,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

I was just wondering if you could please let me know which country has the 2.5 badge in chrome stuck to the tailgate of the xtrail?

I've seen some pics of 2 xtrails with 2.0 and 2.5 badges at the back, but not sure which country the originate from?

Also, which country offers the additional side mirror that is fitted to the front mudguard? (pic is shown below)

Any help or information would be appreciated, as I'm after these 2 items.

·
Avtomat Kalashnikov
1,741 Posts

This one reeks of JDM :)

When we get CBU units from Japan,whether they be Nissan Patrols, Mitsubishi Pajeros or Toyota Landcruisers, they usually come with those additional mirrors.And since Japan is RHD, they usually place it on the LHD side to aid in parking.

·
Fully Bolted + Juiced!
389 Posts
The little rear view mirror comes on the JDM X-Trail. The rear badges I've seen on some X-Trails from Malasia and Indonesia.

·
XTRAIL-HOLIC
2,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys.

I managed to locate the rear badges through a member from Malaysia.

So, is this little rear view mirror available as add-on accessory or does it come as part of the mudguard construction and design?

I've seen some Honda CR-Vs here in Australia with this side mirror and I know that the Australian CRV doesn't have them, so they must have added them afterwards.

·
Fully Bolted + Juiced!
389 Posts
From the pics I've seen Jalal, they seem to be just screwed on directly to the fender.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I bought mine in the Philippines and it has the badges (although mine is debadged) and the fender baby mirror as standard.

·
Registered
5 Posts
none of the x-trails here (japanese or singapore versions) come with the badges. the mirror is standard on most of them though

·
Registered
130 Posts
I believe the mirrors are a legal requirement on certain types of vehicle in Japan. It may be that the Hondas you've seen are used vehicles that have been imported from Japan. Being a RHD country we see quite a few around here.

There's an importer of used Japanese vehicles a few miles away from my home and his forecourt is full of seldom seen models (such as the wonderfully named Mazda Bongo), often fitted with this mirror.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have contacted the factory here in PH and according to them, my baby fenders mirrors are nissan OEMs (bolted on the right fender since we are LHD) but only available on the top of the line x-trail and pick-up models and not sold seperately. Sorry but it's not available in the accessories counter.

·
XTRAIL-HOLIC
2,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Jape said:
I have contacted the factory here in PH and according to them, my baby fenders mirrors are nissan OEMs (bolted on the right fender since we are LHD) but only available on the top of the line x-trail and pick-up models and not sold seperately. Sorry but it's not available in the accessories counter.
You have shattered my dreams :(

Hope is still there, that I might be able to score this from a "smashed-up" exy somewhere at the wreckers :)

I waited for the engine cover for over 2 years and I can wait for this mirror too LOL

NOTE: What happens if this mirror get smashed on the top of the line exy which has it in the Philippines? Will nissan sell the owner the whole fender because of it?? :thumbdwn: Doesn't make sense to me at all.

·
Registered
301 Posts
My guess is that this little mirror has a reinforcing plate of some sort under the fender. Just bolting it to the sheetmetal would be too flimsy for oem, although it would be ok as a later addition as long as you didn't expect it to take much of an impact without bending the sheetmetal.

Old yank tanks with free-standing chrome mirrors had reinforcing plates under the sheetmetal. The mirrors would mount without them, but were not as secure.

·
Fully Bolted + Juiced!
389 Posts
The X-Trail's front fenders are polycarbonate, so any impact to the fender mirrors would likely be absorbed by the fender as well when it flexes.

·
X-Trail Moderator
902 Posts
brrrrrrrrrr
Unless its -17 deg C..... that our temperature this morning, then it shatters, right Stephen?

:)

·
Nissan X-TRAIL Enthusiast
715 Posts
LOL.. I forgot

These fenders don't crack.. they shatter.. as Marc had to remind me of.. sigh..bad memories....

ValBoo said:
brrrrrrrrrr
Unless its -17 deg C..... that our temperature this morning, then it shatters, right Stephen?

:)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts