Nissan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys

I drive a 94 B13 GA16DE.

My question is which clutch would you recommend. I'm looking for a clutch that has stock pedal feel because this is my everyday driver. I just have a few bolt-ons nothing major.

I have been shown Centreforce, ACT and Clutchmasters. I was told that these clutches are overkill and to stick to an Original Nissan Clutch. I was also told they will give me no improvement and might damage my car because I don't have enough power only 110hp.

Which clutch would you recommend for Quality and Price?

·
Registered
177 Posts
i bought my clutch thru stillen for 230.00(incl.shipping)they call it the stage 2 and can handle alot of power.it is a centerforce dual friction clutch and pressure plate and i got the throwout bearing from nissan for 40.00, the clutch is great and not hard at all,it has quick engagement and can handle any further upgrades.

·
Your electrical friend
2,177 Posts
I've tried to reply to this twice goddamnit and each time when I hit submit reply, suddenly the goddamn board is closed for maintenance! Anyways, I'd get an ACT NP1-HD00 at www.importperformanceparts.net for $230 165 ft. lbs. of torque 50% increase in clamping force. Never heard a good thing about Centerforce, never heard a bad thing about ACT, and Clutchmasters is just plain expensive. IMO ACT is your best bang for the buck, but unless you plan to run at the track often and plan to do a 50 shot or something, I'd just put a $90 AutoZone clutch kit in. The stock clutch should be plenty for bolt ons. I know JWT has some overpriced stuff out there, but I don't like those guys. They think their shit don't stink and that if they put their name on something we'll throw money at them. I'll revel the day someone who knows what they're doing builds a $30 prom burner and starts making daughterboards for our computers. Then JWT can eat their damn $500, 6 month wait garbage.

·
DNE's VZR Conversion
6,079 Posts
go with ACT.. alot of people has done ACT and really happy with it.. so that is my recommendations.

·
3 bar MAP
1,381 Posts
i still have the stock clutch on my car with 70,000 miles. its good for daily driving, but starts to slip when u beat on the car:( fyi, jwt reprogrammed my ecu in less than one month and their have good customer service.

·
Boost anyone?
1,625 Posts
I heard from Mike Young that the JWT clutch in project 200sx is a very good clutch. But, I will be getting an ACT clutch because my clutch is starting to slip. I used to have an ACT clutch on my *cough*civic*cough* and i really loved it. An excellent clutch for a good price. Keep in my mind my car is practically stock but will soon have many bolt-ons. I say go with the after market because you get more gripping power and this way you dont have to think twice about going with Nitrous.

·
Boost anyone?
1,625 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hey GA16DET

How did you get the Centreforce clutch at Stillen for $230 shipped when it lists for $249.95 + Shipping???

·
Boost anyone?
1,625 Posts
I found the ACT NP1-HD00 clutch kit at autolink, a store here in Temple City/El Monte for $230 without shipping cause I will be picking it up at their shop. This includes the stock disc, pressure plate and throw bearing. Pretty good dont you think?

·
Nissan Freak
462 Posts
i would go with only JWT or stock OEM nisan clutch

act-has a very hard pedal feel

talk to WES from this board i think he has the stage 2 JWT clutch, tha can handle 200+ hp and it feels like stock

·
Search Whore
209 Posts
I got my JWT PP with OEM disc a year ago for around $225 if I remmeber correctly. Its a great clutch!

·
Registered
177 Posts
sentra boy

when i called stillen to order the clutch they told me that it did not come with a t-out bearing so i mentioned that and the salesman told me he'd hook me up and took off about 10 or 15% and after shipping came to 230.00 ,i researched alot about cluthes only to find out that the JWT clutch is the same as the centerforce clutch with a segmented hard side and a full face oragnic side disc , and also the pressure plates are identical,since every act clutch i read about stated that the pedal got harder.in miami there is alot of traffic and i didnt want to wear out my left heel faster than the clutch :D !,so hearing that the centerforce had a stock pedal feel convinced me to go that route.

·
Wise Cracker
5,730 Posts
Re: sentra boy

ga16det said:
when i called stillen to order the clutch they told me that it did not come with a t-out bearing so i mentioned that and the salesman told me he'd hook me up and took off about 10 or 15% and after shipping came to 230.00 ,i researched alot about cluthes only to find out that the JWT clutch is the same as the centerforce clutch with a segmented hard side and a full face oragnic side disc , and also the pressure plates are identical,since every act clutch i read about stated that the pedal got harder.in miami there is alot of traffic and i didnt want to wear out my left heel faster than the clutch :D !,so hearing that the centerforce had a stock pedal feel convinced me to go that route.
The JWT clutch is in no way similar to the OVERcenterforce. Clutch masters was making clutches for JWT for a while and they still might be. So far I am pleased with my JWT, we'll see how it handles boost soon enough.

A

·
0 Posts
toolapcfan said:
I'd get an ACT NP1-HD00 for $230
I'm looking for a clutch for my sr20 200sx. I've looked around for an act and the cheapest I've found is around $320. Am I missing something, or was that just a typo? What is a common price for the base ACT?

·
Your electrical friend
2,177 Posts
No that's no typo, but that's for the GA16DE, we are in the GA16DE section aren't we? ;) Since you have an SE-R you need a different clutch and yeah, it's going to be around $300. Check out www.importperformanceparts.net they're got the cheapest prices for ACT clutches that I've seen. They have the NX9-HD00 for $326, which is a street disc with a heavy duty PP, 45% increase in clamping force handles 241 Ft. Lbs. of Torque. That's the only ACT clutch you're going to want for daily driving and it's going to be a tougher pedal to depress. If you want a more stock feel you can get the JWT PP and a stock disc but your clamping force is less and the torque it'll handle is less as well, and I think it costs more. So you have to decide what's most important to you and if you're willing to swap a clutch out again if you end up overpowering that clutch later on.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts