Nissan Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey all, I'm new to the forums, as well as customizing cars. With that said:

I want to get a new exhaust setup for my car. I've heard a catback exhaust will be best, but I can't find anywhere to get it or where they'd post prices. Do you guys have any links that'd help? I hear Stromung getting tossed around, but I have no idea which setups are right for my car and such. I want something that doesn't sound like some whiney Honda, but I don't want cops crawling all over me also. Another thing, I was planning on getting some Hotshot headers and the exhaust system together, but probably won't have the budget for that. Should I wait to get them together, or will one of them seperately increase the HP drastically? Should I just get a CAI and wait? Should I get something completely different for my first mod? What first mod will give me the best boost on a stock car? Obviously I'm a beginner and have a lot of questions...:D Thanks for any help you can give me!

And if it helps, I have a GA16DE B14 engine. Thanks!

·
Nissan Freak
462 Posts
stromung makes one
and i also heard obx makes one too that is 2"
obx will be cheaper probably

·
Registered
48 Posts
I have a greddySP exhaust on my 200SX SE and its great. You feel the difference when you put it on. Its also real quiet. Really nice tone to it. The price ranges from 3-5 and even 600 depending were you get it.

·
Nissan Freak
462 Posts
sage3 said:
I have a greddySP exhaust on my 200SX SE and its great. You feel the difference when you put it on. Its also real quiet. Really nice tone to it. The price ranges from 3-5 and even 600 depending were you get it.
greddy's diameter is to big for the 1.6 and you will loose low end horse power
stick with the stromung or obx
exhaust is probably one of the most expensive mod...from bolt ons
i think you should start out with a cold air intake, than a header than exhaust, or just get the expensive part, exhaust done now and go for the intake and header and so on
your money
your choice

·
Nissan Freak
462 Posts
obx

goes for around 450-460$

stromung i believe it goes for a bit over 500$

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the responses! What I'm thinking so far is to get a CAI and (depending on the $$$ left) HS headers. Where can I buy them? Is there a magazine or order form, website, certain store I should go to? Thanks for the help again.

·
Registered
60 Posts
you might try a different brand header if you are looking to save some bucks.. pacesetter and focuz are cheaper alternatives.. I hate to say it, but almost no matter what you do to our engines it still won't be very fast.. short of nos and a turbo there is nothing that will make it put out big numbers.. so the few less horses you get from a cheaper header won't be that big of a deal.. I know people on here are going to disagree with me, but this is my opinion.. Just my two cents

·
SIMPLICITY is the KEY
315 Posts
Go with the Hotshot CAI first eggy, those things are a must!!!
Doesn't cost much as cat-back exhaust and headers, plus you'll get good HP increase.
Brad67 said:
I hate to say it, but almost no matter what you do to our engines it still won't be very fast...
it just depends on wut Ur going against...sure if U put our little GA16 against anything w/a bigger displacement, it will be beat. Compared to other 1.6L engines on the list, the GA16 would be some where up there....if not on top :D

·
Drives Hard
288 Posts
eggy said:
Thanks for the responses! What I'm thinking so far is to get a CAI and (depending on the $$$ left) HS headers. Where can I buy them? Is there a magazine or order form, website, certain store I should go to? Thanks for the help again.
Give me a call when you get a chance. I have most items in stock.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
hey greg i would like to get in touch with you sometime in the future because i would like to get the jwt chip with headers, i already have an exhaust and intake.thanks

·
Please Shift Here
6,696 Posts
wait, Greg, I still have the group deal.

For anyone that wants a stromung cat-back system, I'm selling them at $441 for the b14. All the orders go through Greg at mossy anyway. I'm sending out my first line of orders TODAY.

If you want one email your name, address, phone #, car type/year and engine to [email protected] ASAP!!!!! also be sure to tell me your nickname so I'll know who you are. more info is in my SIG.

if you miss this line of orders, I'm going to send out another group in about a week. (Same deal).

1 - 12 of 12 Posts