Nissan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
no posts from Louisiana...damn. sux 4 us.
anyone from LA put a post up so we don't feel left out!

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I live in slidell la and there is a few nissan runnin around here so ur not alone man :D

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
sure pm me about anything if you guys need any help with installin parts or anything pm me and i can give u guys me number and we can chill sometime

·
Registered
16 Posts
I'm here

Hey, email me when you can. I live in Gretna. My boy has a 91 white hatchback and I have a 92 coupe and I'm looking fro another. My email's [email protected] Email me and we can get together at the lake or something.

·
Registered
149 Posts
damn this is what happens when I don't have internet, I miss out on the good stuff. I'm in Baton Rouge or New Orleans.

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
me and my friends get together in mandeville everysat except when it dont rains we get a good nit of ppl out there so it would really nice to have more nissan ppl out there as well hope to see and if you want to come let me know I can hook u up with directions

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Nissan in New Orleans

What's up people? I posting for LA. I have all of your Nissan needs @ Street Styles 2600 Airline Dr. Kenner, La. 504-466-0278. Ask for Shawn, or come check me out. I have 2 Altimas 2000/2002, and nothing compares to a Nissan. I will get your car in shape, and I can get you any racing accessories you need.

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Patterson Louisiana-Nissan owner, driver, and lover

Hello all...Im new to the whole mod issues of the day, but i have raced many stock and won.... This little nissan sure kicks butt. I have a Super Black '96 Sentra gxe but heres my problem on mods... I recently put a new engine in it...Well I had no choice ....I have a whole the size of a soft ball in my old engine block. Well, the guy that put it in for me had found it in a junk yard in a car that looked like a sentra. It was pretty much totaled except for the engine compartment....They odometer hat 12,000 miles on it and it cranked up beautifully. Which was a good sign. It was supposed to be a plug and play type of install... For they most part it was excet for the knock sensor has no place to plug in on this engine and the intake and pulleys are different. The intake on this engine was bigger than my origianl so we put my old intake on it cause we werent sure if it would affect the ecu. Then we try to change the oil and a whole nother problem arose. Tey oil filter for the 1.6L i had doesnt fit. So we took the old filter off the new engine and pain stakinly crossed refrenced whut it was for. We finally found out that the oil filter we pulled off was off of a 200SX 2.0L. Also the pully on the crank on the new engine is a 4 rib and my old one was 6 rib. I am lost as to whut kind of engine I have in my car....lol Can some one please guide me in finding out the answers... I would love to give my car som extra kick but i guess i really need to find out whut the hell it is i have under the hood....thx all

·
Registered
27 Posts
engine

See if you can find some casting numbers on the engine. Also, where did the engine come from? Rick's? Bayou Ramos? Blacks? If it is local, we can figure out what kind of car it was. Call me at O'Reilly's in M.C. and I'll try to help.

Lee

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks

The guy got it from a junk yard in new orleans. Im not sure of the name. Some one told me the valve covers look different. Mine looks like my old one it was a GA but like i said the oil filter for my old one would not fit.... the threads are different. I dont know if this makes any difference or not though..Oh yea the valve cover is like aluminum. I know its not plastic. I definitly have more power than I had before...Thats why Im so confused....Maybe Its a 1.8L.... :) :rolleyes: anyways...I have a dr. appointment today in Houma so I will most likely pass by after 3:00....Later

Toby

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
brah let me know I can hook youup i got major connection and if you need help fixin it up let me know I can do it cause I ve been and done that

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
cool beans!!!!

I will have to take u up on that offer nismo.....I am lookin to spend some money on a CIA soon.....Can u get me a deal on one???? We will have to hook up one weekend its only about a 2 hour drive from here i think....later man!!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts