Nissan Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Cool Forums! Well I was wondering where is the best place to order a det for our cars? I heard alot of bad stories of bad engines coming in from soko. Well Just wondering or would you just turbo your US spec sr20de? Just want to know everyone feelings on this because if you think about it cost of a det swap is about the same price for a f-max turbo kit.

·
Platinum
462 Posts
Hmm.. I used to hear good things about engines from SOKO.. Do they sell bad engines too? K. Watanabe is the another big engine seller, some people are happy, some are not so happy with them.. I heard Andreas Miko from SR20DEforum knows a lot about this too.. (I think he actually sells them) so you might want to talk to him...

I am trying to find myself a SR20 motor pretty soon. I'm gonna have to worry about the same thing..

Good luck

·
Platinum
462 Posts
Oups, you are in Hawaii aren't you?? I think it's best to find someone in Japan and ship it directly from Japan to Hawaii if possible. Price will be much cheaper, and you will save lots of $$$ for shipping too. I think the guy Andreas is in Florida. Japan is much closer than florida....

·
Registered
79 Posts
Dude - where did you here SOKO was putting out bad DET's? Are you dealing with the Chicago office? Talk to Harry, he runs the show and will make sure you get the best. I've order half a dozen or so DETs from Harry and they've all been in tip top shape.

If SOKO Chicago doesnt help, Craig in Canada is next. I dont have his number off hand. PM me for more info.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I would not buy from that company - $2,500 is a total rip off, sorry. And hell no the T25 can't boost no where near 16psi!!! 11.5 max.. maybe. 10.5 - 11 with a 3" exhaust. And even at full boost - you will see only 255 to 260hp with no mods except a BC and exhaust.

Beware of false claims..

·
Nissan Freak
462 Posts
Sunny J Reg said:
I would not buy from that company - $2,500 is a total rip off, sorry. And hell no the T25 can't boost no where near 16psi!!! 11.5 max.. maybe. 10.5 - 11 with a 3" exhaust. And even at full boost - you will see only 255 to 260hp with no mods except a BC and exhaust.

Beware of false claims..
since this comes with all the parts, would it work on the goin from the ga16de? or any other parts needed

·
Its a JEEP thing...
388 Posts
since this comes with all the parts, would it work on the goin from the ga16de? or any other parts needed
No, it wont just drop in..you will need some other stuff...axles, tranny, flywheel, ecu, wiring harness, usdm sensors,clutch......ummm, I think that is it..and that is if you wanna run just the stock boost..wanna go farther, you'll need even more cool stuff. Front mount Intercooler and piping, bigger turbo, wastegate, blowoff valve, boost controller, gauges, 3 in exhaust...but that should really be covered in the Forced induction forum

stuff=$$

cool stuff=$$$$$$$$$$$$:D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts