Nissan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
who needs clearcoat
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's up everyone? Anyone know where I can find a 89 awd sentra? I've kinda been checking around and haven't had much luck. I would really like to find one, cause I think it would make a great awd car to work on.

·
NISSAN SLAP NUTS
1,051 Posts
hello , well this is a great platform but I m sad to say it's rare as hell too. if u fine them there beat up, disrepair, or just plain up to much money for the car.. get ahold of mike or blownb310 on here do a search. good luck

chip

·
800+ posts
822 Posts
Yeah, the 4WD feature only came in the wagons, and if you can find one you're an incredibly lucky man. I have never seen one here in Tennessee... I've never even seen a wagon down here! However, I know a guy up in Washington (recycled_toddler), and he owns several and says there are everywhere up there on the Northwest Coast. Good luck finding one!

·
who needs clearcoat
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
man northwest coast is pretty far. It would cost me more in travel than the price of the car. It just think it would be amazing to throw my ga16 turbo in it, and have an awd turbo sentra, and talk about a sleeper.:)

·
NISSAN SLAP NUTS
1,051 Posts

·
NISSAN SLAP NUTS
1,051 Posts
Yeah, the 4WD feature only came in the wagons, and if you can find one you're an incredibly lucky man. I have never seen one here in Tennessee... I've never even seen a wagon down here! However, I know a guy up in Washington (recycled_toddler), and he owns several and says there are everywhere up there on the Northwest Coast. Good luck finding one!
I can say this is tue for the USDM .. There were other AWD Models .. not to make anyone drool.. lol

·
Registered
734 Posts
I spotted a wagon in Morristown , tn and i was disappointed when i stopped to see what engine it had. it was a e16 fwd with the head off and rusted up pistons.......i bet its still there, i may get it some day.

·
who needs clearcoat
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yes I was aware of blown turbo sentra. He went with the lower kit. I want to use the extreme intercooled kit, and try to turn the boost up to 10-12 lbs and see what it's capable of, I think it would be a great project. And I'm sure it would be a lot cheaper than trying to import a pulsar gti-r.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
the 88-89 sentra wagons were the only 2 years that had 4wd, it actually was 4wd not AWD. see below:

"Even more rare are the four-wheel drive versions of the station wagon, offered as an option in 1988 and 1989 model years. These models featured an electrically-activated 4WD single-range transfer case to drive the independently-suspended rear wheels, making them selectable four-wheel-drive and not full-time four-wheel-drive vehicles."

OEM Surplus Parts At Giveaway Prices! actually has a few of the transfer cases still available,

http://www.oem-surplus.com/nwp/picpages/33100-59M03.html

·
Registered
4 Posts
They made 4WD in 1987 as well.

I currently own a 1987 sentra wagon 4WD. Manufactured in 12/86. Not sure who said they only made 4WD in 88 and 89, but I have proof of an 87.
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]

·
who needs clearcoat
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
They only made the AWD in 89. the 87 and 88 where four wheel drive, I am only interested in the 89 AWD

·
M-Unit Racing
627 Posts
I saw a mint 4wd in a junk yard once. It had a bent valve e16 and the junkyard refused pto sell me that wagon. I would love to see one jacked up on some mud grips. I already pretend my 89 sedan has 4wd as it is.

·
Registered
573 Posts
I currently own a 1987 sentra wagon 4WD. Manufactured in 12/86. Not sure who said they only made 4WD in 88 and 89, but I have proof of an 87.
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
this will be my new dd in less than a week!!:fluffy::fluffy::fluffy:

did you every find an 89 awd??

·
who needs clearcoat
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
nope, wish I had though woulda been a fun project

·
Registered
10 Posts
Not sure any of the Sentra wagons were AWD but rather 4WD

I have an 87 4WD wagon and the pictures I have seen of the 88 & 89's seemed to have the same switch on the stick to activate the 4WD as mine. I am wondering if any were AWD. Not sure, but I thought the Stanza's had AWD but I was not clear that any of the Sentra wagons were actually AWD. I have been reading and am learning new things every day and would like to know for sure "blown310" would probably be the best resource on this topic. His 89 also has a 4WD decal on it so I lean toward none were AWD.

·
who needs clearcoat
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
the 89 did not come with the switch, it was full time awd

·
Registered
2 Posts
89 nissan sentra wagon xe AWD 3 spd auto

Omg!!! I just bought a 89 sentra Xe AWD. It is in unbelievably great condition. And payed little to nothing for it. Can wait to fix it up. Now I know there that rare.

·
NF Mod/Nissan Master Tech
2006 Pathfinder LE, 2003 Frontier SVE
9,898 Posts
Good to hear! And, woke up a four year old thread in the process! ;)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts