Nissan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have 40,000 miles on my 06' pathfinder and want to use a synthetic grade 75-90w gear oil. I can clearly see the drain plug but where the heck do you fill it? I looked all over the differential housing and couldn't locate it.
Also how many quarts does it require?

·
Registered
310 Posts
The factory oil is already synthetic.

"API GL-5 Synthetic 75W-90 Gear Oil (Nissan Part No. 999MP-DF200P)"

The replacement interval is not clear..inspect @ 60,000. I did mine with AMSOIL @ 40k

Looking at the cooling fins on the rear cover the fill is on the right side mid way... You will need 2x crush washers on each diff F&R. Click HERE

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I found the fill plug right after I made the post. I had 45,000 miles on it and changed it out. I did not use new crush washers. I did use some RTV black sparingly where the crush sleeves seat. After the gear oil change I drove from Georgia to Pennsylvania and back with no leak issues.

I used Mobile 1 full synthetic GL-5 spec 75-90W gear oil.

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
I found the fill plug right after I made the post. I had 45,000 miles on it and changed it out. I did not use new crush washers. I did use some RTV black sparingly where the crush sleeves seat. After the gear oil change I drove from Georgia to Pennsylvania and back with no leak issues.

I used Mobile 1 full synthetic GL-5 spec 75-90W gear oil.
Where is the fill plug?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts