Nissan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am pretty new to 200sx's, I've had mine for a little over a year. It is a '98. I bought the car and on the middle console there wasn't anything for a armrest. It looks like something could snap or bolt into a hold on the backside of the console, but there wasn't anything there. Just a hole that my elbow fits uncomfortable in. Second I haven't been able to find any replacement padded console to put in there. Been thinking about building something out of wood and padding it and sliding it in. But I wanted to find out from yall if there is something you can buy for it. Did it even come with one off the dealership lot? Any help is much appreciated!!!

·
Registered
165 Posts
Oh, didn't know there was an arm rest for that, hmmm. My sentra has the arm rest on the driver seat. That arm rest sounds mor comfortable though, I might look into that.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Sentrixx said:
Yeah I bought mine off some from the forums about 2 years ago. I moded it to lift up with a hinge to make more use of the space. Came out nice.

any pics or ideas to share about how you modded for a hinge?? I want to cut those two bars off the bottom of mine and hinge it Permanently. Thanks.

·
Mofo
2,225 Posts
OK then do that and then install a hinge one side onto the under side of the arm rest, then th eother side to the inside of the console hole.....lol Easy as that....

·
Registered
781 Posts
matcapir said:
any pics or ideas to share about how you modded for a hinge?? I want to cut those two bars off the bottom of mine and hinge it Permanently. Thanks.
Well basically i went to home depot and got a regular door hinge or cabinet hinge. And if you look on the bottom part of the arm rest where the screws are if you take that piece off there is wood underneath it. So you can drill a few holes in the bottom of that so you can line the holes up with the hinge. It might help if you have a drimal tool also. I used one to make the fit really sung and nice. And then after all that I painted it flat black. When I can/remeber I will take a few pics.

·
Registered
165 Posts
there are also hinges that lock in place when you open it, that way you can keep the arm rest up so it doesn't crush your burger, or whatever you keep in the center console, just an idear.

·
Registered
781 Posts
HLBulldog said:
there are also hinges that lock in place when you open it, that way you can keep the arm rest up so it doesn't crush your burger, or whatever you keep in the center console, just an idear.

Actually mine stay pretty tight when it's up. But then again I have stock seats, so it might be the same with after market and or GXE or XE seats. Well noted! :cheers:

·
Registered
208 Posts
Nostrodomas said:
OK then do that and then install a hinge one side onto the under side of the arm rest, then th eother side to the inside of the console hole.....lol Easy as that....
Ya, no doubt Nos. I've read that some f'd up when trying to do this. I thought it would be a pretty easy mod myself. I think I'll have to take a wack at it tomorrow. If so, I'll post pics of how it turns out.....

·
Registered
208 Posts
Sentrixx said:
Well basically i went to home depot and got a regular door hinge or cabinet hinge. And if you look on the bottom part of the arm rest where the screws are if you take that piece off there is wood underneath it. So you can drill a few holes in the bottom of that so you can line the holes up with the hinge. It might help if you have a drimal tool also. I used one to make the fit really sung and nice. And then after all that I painted it flat black. When I can/remeber I will take a few pics.

Cool, thanks for the reply. Post some pics when you get a chance and after I finish, I'll do the same....

·
Registered
65 Posts
pics would help out alot as my 99sel didnt come with any type of arm rest and i could really use one because im tired of trying to find a semi-comfortable place for my arm to go

·
Registered
781 Posts
2nrguy said:
pics would help out alot as my 99sel didnt come with any type of arm rest and i could really use one because im tired of trying to find a semi-comfortable place for my arm to go

You might want to also check the sr20 forums. I know there are a few rides there with the armrest. Here is a link.

http://www.sr20forum.com/

·
Da Dirty South
115 Posts
2nrguy said:
Just lean to the other side!! Lol. Yeah, post some pics. I'm tired of leaning to the door all the time. Wasn't there someone who made theirs from scratch? I wonder if it look ghetto, I dont remember.

·
Registered
781 Posts
Well i have pics but for some odd freaking reason Cardomain.com and Printroom.com will let upload pics but is does nothing and i'm tired of dealing. So if some one wants to host the 4 pics just drop a line and email here and I will send them.. Sorry guys....

1 - 20 of 29 Posts