466 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
XtremE said:
are you sure you want the act? it has a hard pedal feel
i heard that the jwt has close to stock pedal feel
but if u go with act
here is what i found
http://www.nipponpower.com/drivetrain/clutch/act_nissan_sentra.html
Well, I was going to go w/ a JWT PP and stock disc, but I wasn't sure if JWT made them for the B13 1.6's. So I emailed them 3 TIMES for a quote and more info, with no response, so I decided to go with ACT. I haven't heard anyone complaining about a stiff feel with the ACT. Is the ACT what you have? If so, how much stiffer is it than stock. Not that I would know, since I have never felt a clutch in my car :)

·
Registered
674 Posts
The act clutch with the heavy duty pressure plate and street disc are fine for daily driven. It's the xtreme pressure plate that is stiff. I've heard a lot of people talk and they all recommend the ACT and have had no problems. Clutchmaster's clutches are junk.

·
Icy Hot Stunta
2,366 Posts
BORNGEARHEAD said:
The act clutch with the heavy duty pressure plate and street disc are fine for daily driven. It's the xtreme pressure plate that is stiff. I've heard a lot of people talk and they all recommend the ACT and have had no problems. Clutchmaster's clutches are junk.
Just don't get the puck disc and it will work pretty well. The JWT clutch is really good also.

Mike

·
P.O.S. Truckdriver
2,070 Posts
i have the act hd pp and s/s disk...only had it in for a week..and it's great. i got mine from nipponpower.com....$250 shipped..and if you call they will be sure to send it out the same day if it's in stock...great customer service.

·
Registered
674 Posts
Katana200sx said:
i have the act hd pp and s/s disk...only had it in for a week..and it's great. i got mine from nipponpower.com....$250 shipped..and if you call they will be sure to send it out the same day if it's in stock...great customer service.
I agree. I have dealt with Nippon power and have had excellent service from them. It has never taken more than the standard 4 day shipping time to get something. They have good prices on Energy Suspension bushings also. Check em out.

·
Registered
58 Posts
EBAY! I got my Exedy for little about $115. Shipping was a killer since i live in Hawaii. $90 clutch, $25 shipping.

-Andrew-

·
Registered
500 Posts
Can you get the 6-puck disc with the hd pressure plate? It only lists street disc or 4 puck race disk. I think it would be a good compromise. That or else buy the hydrid kevlar/copper disc from JWT.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts