Nissan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where do you bring your car for an oil change, and where do you think is the best, taking into account, service, price, and brand of oil used. I currently go to jiffy lube, but I want someplace a little cheaper.

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
How hard is it to get to the oil filter and drain valve on a 90 b12? I have heard it is more difficult than newer sentras.

·
Still moderating..sorta
1,324 Posts
I do my own oilchanges. I'm not sure about your filter though. We have different engines so I assume it is in a different place. For what it's worth, it is easy to reach from the top on my car.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Anywhere with a jack. Easy and cheap. The $ u'll save can get your car the best syn oil and you still and $ in ur pocket compare to gas station oil change......and btw they alway give you the cheapest oil for the cheap price offer and the good oil $35+ for 2 bottle service........with that $ you can buy 1 case of regular oil and 1 case of moble1 syn oil a total of 12 bottle which equals to 4 oil change.........yea I know I'm cheap but I'm not driving a Skyline/BMW yet:D to answer ur actual question. U WILL get what u pay for and there's no good or bad place and oil.

·
Still moderating..sorta
1,324 Posts
I've changed my oil without jacking the car up. You can slide under the car and reach the oil plug no problem. It's kinda uncomfortable but it works. You are going to need a wide, shallow bucket to catch the oil. I've caused an Exxon Valdez in my garage because I didn't use a big enough bucket. :rolleyes:

·
Still moderating..sorta
1,324 Posts
Teknokid said:
It does work but I figure why not just take the minute or so to jack up the car and work comfortably.
I'm just saying that IF you don't have jackstands it's possible, but yes I do much perfer having the car jacked up.

C

·
0 Posts
Oil Change in 89 Sentra

My friend recently purchased an 89 Sentra. He doesn't have the owner's manual, and I planned on helping him change his oil tomorrow. Since he doesn't have the manual, how much oil does it take (we plan on replacing the filter too)?

·
NOt only a customer...
176 Posts
I just realized how lucky i am that my dad taught me all these neat things about how to work on cars when i was a wee lil tiny one. You people that dont know how need to learn somehow. you save a lot of money and a lot of saved money equals upgrades. hehe

·
Still moderating..sorta
1,324 Posts
Re: Oil Change in 89 Sentra

Contour_Sport said:
(we plan on replacing the filter too)?
Always replace the filter.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts