·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok the baseline was 186 whp. Then I added the following:

Unorthodox underdrive pulley (8 hp)
Aem short ram intake (removed Aem CAI) -7 hp
Nology hot wires (2-5 %)

Should be at around 191 whp right? Wrong. I dyno'd at 169 whp. I lost 17 whp. WTF?

I am thinking the hotwires dogged me down although the seat of the pants feel seems extremly quick and torquey.

·
absolutely classic
455 Posts
CLSentra said:

Nology hot wires (2-5 %)

Should be at around 191 whp right? Wrong. I dyno'd at 169 whp. I lost 17 whp. WTF?

I am thinking the hotwires dogged me down although the seat of the pants feel seems extremly quick and torquey.
The baseline for any b15 SE-R is not 186 whp. More like 150-160 whp. The number you got was for HP at crank, not whp. So, you are over stock whp and should be happy!

·
High times
394 Posts
CLSentra said:

Nology hot wires (2-5 %)

Nology Hot wires on a QR25..........Hummmmmmmmm

·
Powered By hopes & dreams
8,328 Posts
lmfao how do you figure you had a baseline of 186whp? a crank pulley isn't any 8whp, nor is a short ram intake. 169whp for those mods is pretty damn good.

oh, and those nology hotwires prolly lost you some power, if anything....the stock ignition system is far more than you need for bolt ons and even nitrous.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
chimmike said:
lmfao how do you figure you had a baseline of 186whp? a crank pulley isn't any 8whp, nor is a short ram intake. 169whp for those mods is pretty damn good.

oh, and those nology hotwires prolly lost you some power, if anything....the stock ignition system is far more than you need for bolt ons and even nitrous.[/QUO

Base 186 whp is what I dyno'd previously. Mod's at that time where header, cat back exhaust, and cai.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
chimmike said:

oh, and those nology hotwires prolly lost you some power, if anything....the stock ignition system is far more than you need for bolt ons and even nitrous.
the 8whp on the pulley is what unorthodox showed in their dyno.

·
Powered By hopes & dreams
8,328 Posts
ok what dyno were you on before and what one were you on now, and were they calibrated properly?

shiet those nology wires may have LOST you power.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
CLSentra said:
the 8whp on the pulley is what unorthodox showed in their dyno.
also it wasnt 8 for the short ram it is -7. (minus)

read and understand the question please before you jump all over someone. these boards are to share info and help others right?

·
High times
394 Posts
CLSentra said:
also it wasnt 8 for the short ram it is -7. (minus)

read and understand the question please before you jump all over someone. these boards are to share info and help others right?
air temp caused the loss, if you went from a CAI to a short ram.....Nology hot wires ?????

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
chimmike said:
ok what dyno were you on before and what one were you on now, and were they calibrated properly?

shiet those nology wires may have LOST you power.
right.. that is what I think. I bought them directly from nology and will take back. it was dyno'd on the same one that dyno'd before. It cost me $100 each dyno session so I need to make the right moves.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Dwntyme said:
air temp caused the loss, if you went from a CAI to a short ram.....Nology hot wires ?????
I factored that in my equation minus -7 whp . Although when they dyno it the hood is up and a large fan blowing in front of the car. You would alsmost think the short ram would work better under that condition.

·
High times
394 Posts
Still you get heat from the radiator

·