Nissan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Icy Hot Stunta
2,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Due to the track going out of business, SERCA's oringal plan to have the 03 convention in Kansas might not materialize.

We may need to find a new location for the Convention. Anyone have any ideas? Can anyone help orginize and plan?

Mike

·
NPM Staff
105 Posts
I helped out with the registration and some other little things last year. Although that convention was here in Az, I'd still be willing to help out this year, if any extra help is required. The only issue would be location, I'm stuck in Az so any help I could provide would most likely have to be web based help of some sort.

·
Icy Hot Stunta
2,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hybrid DET said:
HOW ABOUT IN CALIFORNIA?
Well you know that california can do it easily, but there were some loud complaints when I brought this up on the national list. I was hoping that more SERCA members would come here and post but this forumis disapintingly dead.

Spread the word!

Mike

·
Registered
14 Posts
morepower2 said:
Well you know that california can do it easily, but there were some loud complaints when I brought this up on the national list. I was hoping that more SERCA members would come here and post but this forumis disapintingly dead.

Spread the word!

Mike
I'll come to Cali if I can drive the dog food car at the track event. :)

UNCLE Joe from the east coast yo.

·
Registered
14 Posts
morepower2 said:
Well you know that california can do it easily, but there were some loud complaints when I brought this up on the national list. Mike
I think it should go wherever someone is willing to put the effort in to do it. If that's SoCal, then great. I only wish I could make it there (or anywhere for that matter).

Is Eric Waterman still looking into a possible SE location?

-LM

·
Icy Hot Stunta
2,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
peter96 said:
What tracks in CA are still available, ie not booked up?
So Cal SERCA has steets of willow booked for memorial day weekend, perfect for the convention.

Mike

Q

·
0 Posts
serca 2003

Well it looks like that a few from the east coast are voicing their opinions regarding serca 2003. It would be nice to have it somewhere in the middle of the country, so everybody could possibly attend. Well, time is getting short, a decision needs to made very soon. I hope the SE-R community can get together solve this issue.

·
HYDYST?
113 Posts
It was going to be in the middle, KS. Through no ones fault, the track let us down. If the east coast, or anybody else, can get a track for sure, let's hear about it. I haven't heard anything definite except from So Cal.

·
Registered
185 Posts
I think it comes down to two choices: SoCal or Birmingham, AL.

There is a small, simple 1.5 mile track near Birmingham that looks like it would be a nice place to hold the convention. It's relatively inexpensive and has nice facilities.

That said, the east coast boys need to shore this up in one damned big hurry if they are to hold it. I'd say by the end of January at the absolute latest and they'd better start communicating their plans in a hurry. We're running out of time. If we don't get strong response form the east coast boys soon, SoCal is it. Period.

·
Registered
151 Posts
I'm still waiting to here back from them. Here's a nice picture of the track:

·
Registered
185 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Sweet.
It would be nice to do the long course.
How far is birmingham from PA? This may be possibly towing distance.

·
Registered
62 Posts
It sure looks nice (read: $$$!!!:eek: )

Definitely *not* towing distance for us out left though.

1 - 20 of 71 Posts