Nissan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just ordered a Injen CIA for my B14 GA16DE. One part that I can't get easy for my project, the SR20DE throttle body. Any leads? I googled for one, but i find after market not stock.

·
800+ posts
822 Posts
The SR20 throttle-body trick won't work on the 2nd generation GA16DE, which you have. The reason is the '95-'99 GA16DE incorporates the TPS and IACV in the throttle-body itself, where the '91-'94 GA16DE (1st generation) has the IACV on the opposite end of the intake manifold. The only option for us in terms of a larger throttle-body is through JGY or go custom.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I see... Damn it all. So is there a manufacture that has a good sized Aftermarket one that works, can't i use a Throttle-body off a later SR20? I thought the GA16 was mapped almost identical to the SR20 in this regard.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Whats Jgy? I am looking for a few Ponies myself and going turbo is the only way but financially it's out of the question right now.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If it won't work then I'll just move on to the Exost stuff. I looked at a Turbo, but the ganes vs cost say just get a secnd block and do a NA rebore and Port Job, but thats more work...

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
My Question now actually is, can i retrofit a intake manifold from a B13's GA16, or is it a lost caws and i should just move on to my next steps, that being Headers, 200SX cat, and custom 2" tubes to a good muffler.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts