Nissan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
I miss good ol' OT
1,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is some bullshit.....

When the NFL unveiled its MVPs from the previous 39 Super Bowls, only three living members skipped the ceremony.

Former 49ers quarterback Joe Montana and former Steelers quarterback Terry Bradshaw decided to stay home, while former Dolphins MVP Jake Scott was traveling in Australia.

Montana, the league's only three-time Super Bowl MVP, turned down the invitation over money, Newsday and the San Francisco Chronicle reported.

Bradshaw, who told league officials that he wanted to be with his family, also took issue with the fees, the Chronicle reported. Bradshaw, through a representative, denied the Chronicle's report that there was a dispute over money.

Former MVPs were given $1,000 for incidental expenses while in Detroit, along with other amenities such as plane tickets, car rental and game tickets.

Sources told each paper that Montana asked for a guarantee of at least $100,000 in appearance money.

When the league balked at Montana's demands, the quarterback declined to be in attendance.

·
What is Seven Ten for?
2,917 Posts
Gimp said:
Then why the FUCK are you posting in the forum. If you think ALL SPORTS are lame.....STAY OUTTA THE SPORTS FORUM! :thumbup:
I said pro sports, I'd rather watch college football over the NFL anyday.

·
Banned
1,531 Posts
xbrandonx said:
AH...my bad.....good point though......

BTW - on THAT note, why the HELL does the MVP get a NEW Cadillac Escalade.....like he doesn't make enough money to buy his own.

He should GIVE the damn thing to someone who REALLY needs it. :fluffy:

·
NPM Lead Editor/Webmaster
4,571 Posts
xbrandonx said:

I like college football as well... but it's still Little League to the NFL ..

The worse team in the NFL would bitch slap the best team in college any day... Men vs Boys...

·
4,571 Posts
Marvin said:
When the league balked at Montana's demands, the quarterback declined to be in attendance.
He has always been a weasel...... along with Jerry Rice...maybe they've read too many "They were Great Articles"

"The catch"...more like the "The Lucky ass pass he was trying to throw away"

·
I command you to SEARCH
2,748 Posts
xbrandonx said:
as goes for all pro sports.
Pro soccer > other pro sports

Here in the states there are kids who work in fast food that make as much as a pro soccer player.
It really shows the love they have for the sport.

myoung said:
WTF??................
Well, are you?

·
4,571 Posts
1CLNB14 said:
Pro soccer > other pro sports

Here in the states there are kids who work in fast food that make as much as a pro soccer player.
It really shows the love they have for the sport.

Well, are you?
In Europe Soccer/Football players make millions... US soccer is like minor leagues for them...if they are noticed they move over there..

am I what?

·
What is Seven Ten for?
2,917 Posts
myoung said:
The worse team in the NFL would bitch slap the best team in college any day... Men vs Boys...
Why is it always the men who are crying then? Sorry, if I wanted drama I would watch soap operas (and post on this board ;)), not sports.

·
I miss good ol' OT
1,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
xbrandonx said:
Why is it always the men who are crying then? Sorry, if I wanted drama I would watch soap operas (and post on this board ;)), not sports.

Meat and sports go together, as does war.

This explains your lack of interest in sports and war.

·
I command you to SEARCH
2,748 Posts
myoung said:
In Europe Soccer/Football players make millions... US soccer is like minor leagues for them...if they are noticed they move over there..
I'm aware of that, which is why I said "here in the states".
There are players in N. America who make millions, but not that many.
I'm a pretty big soccer/football supporter, I know how the system works :cheers:

myoung said:
am I what?
Prepared For The Resurrection? :fluffy:

·
4,571 Posts
Marvin said:

haha.....I don't think you ever pass up a chance to catagorize or stereotype someone ..... everyone must fit in a specific file..

·
What is Seven Ten for?
2,917 Posts
Marvin said:

er, I watched 3 college basketball games the day I posted that...oh and no pro sporting events.

·
I command you to SEARCH
2,748 Posts
myoung said:
Dude is this a born again thing where you have to tell others?

I guess the answer is yes.... my dishnetwork bill is paid...
Not even close...
I'm pretty much an Athiest, so no.
It has to do with the Sentra.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts