Nissan Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What type of wheels do most people run on an '02 Spec-V? I have stock on mine right now, and i'm putting 215/45/17 snow tires on...i'm wondering for the spring if i can put 235/45/17s on there...I'm new to all this stuff, so any and all info will be helpful...Thanks

·
Powered By hopes & dreams
8,328 Posts
more than likely not. I'd stick to 215 stock width.

·
8,328 Posts
235s won't fit on the rim, simple as that. you don't need 235s anyways.........

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok go easy on me cuz i'm a girl...i was just wondering if they would fit on my car...Are the 235's too wide or something cuz they're coming from 17" rims and i have 17" rims on my car... or is it becuause my bolt pattern isn't right or what?

·
8,328 Posts
no, the wheel, rim itself isn't wide enough to take a 235 size tire. Save the money and go for mods.........you don't need a 235 size tire.....the 215 is pretty good.

·
8,328 Posts
the rim has nothing to do with the widest size rim that will fit.

you could put 19x9s if you wanted......I have friends who put 18s. It's just that the width of the rim limits the width of the tire that can go on it.

J

·
0 Posts
Need Help with Replacing Wheels

Hey guys,
It seems like I have already damaged a wheel on my specV. Does anyone know where I can buy the stock wheels on this car. The dealer gave me a price that was upward of $600 for one wheel. It sounds like I should be able to get one elsewhere for cheaper or even replace all 4 wheels for a lower price.

If anyone knows of a place where I could get the stock wheels or good wheels at reasonable price, please let me know.

Thanks
J

J

·
0 Posts
Need Help with Replacing Wheels

On the same topic, looking online I see so many types of wheels. Is there a certain brand name that is considered good. Such as Enkei, Konig, Nakayama... etc.
And, does anyone have experience with wheels other than stock to suggest its suitability for SpecV.

Thanks
J

p.s. O.K. I have racked up 8300 miles by now. I need to change my signature.

·