Nissan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I clean my wheels really well and then like four days later, they are filthy with break dust and grime already...
Looks like crap on my wheels, they're shiny when cleaned....
sucks!!
Any advice???
Thanks

·
Registered
430 Posts
You should see my Saab, brake dust is awefull. One day and I have build up because of the pad composition. At least it slows down.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's just annoying, the wheels look awesome when I clean em...
Then 2 days later they look like crap..
I heard that you can use wheel wax to help fend off the brake dust and road grime.
Anyone used it?

·
3,553 Posts
I think the answer to your problem is to change the type of brake pads you have. It's not going to be fixable by applying detailing products to the wheels. Sorry.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well it isn't wax for your car...
It's wheel wax. I've heard it works really well and repels the dust for quite a while.

·
Registered
44 Posts
You can also try something called Kleenwheels or something to that affect. Basically, it is a thin metal shield that goes between the wheel and the mounting surface on the rotor. They are designed to prevent brake dust building up on the wheel.

Unfortunately, organic pads grip well, but leave lots of dust behind. Semi metallic is one of your only options.

Do you wax your wheels after you clean them? Do you remove them from the vehicle and wash the back side too or do you just do the fronts?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts