Nissan Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 97' maxima. Currently is has the stock wheels. I am looking to put on the six spoke stock wheels from a newer generation 2000-2003 maxima.

I was wondering if anyone out there has put on 225/55/17 wheels and tires on this generation of maxima. If so any problems with rubbing? Are there any websites that provide this type of information?

Thanks
Mauds

· MODR H8R
3,380 Posts
Tire size sounds a bit big. I have that size on my 17's and I rub when making u-turns. But I'm also lowered over 2 inches. Also my speedo reads 3-4mph slower than I'm actually going since the overall diameter is bigger. I might suggest 225/45 or 225/40.

· Registered
10 Posts
i had these exact wheels on my car

the appropriate size is either 215-50-17 or 235-45-17. i would suggest the 50 sidewalls because of ride quality, but its up to you.

and by the way, dont get these wheels off that site u got the picture from. those are imitation Ebay wheels that are poor quality. sometimes the offset is wrong, and a lot of times they are heavier than the OEM ones.

get them from someone who has a 5th gen max, so you can be sure you are getting OEM specs.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.