Nissan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, this is how the other half lives.....jk :cheers:

Anyway, I was taking the snow tires off of my gf's 2004 spec V when a wheel stud broke. I put the wheels on by hand, and did not overtighten last fall, but this is kind of crazy...

Has anyone else encountered this problem? I assume that the dealer is responsible for the part, as it is still under factory warranty. Also, I really didn't want to drive the car on 3 bolts, so it is sitting at her brother's house right now.... I'm hoping Nissan picks up the tow as well...

Any Suggestions on how to deal with the service dept on this one?

K20Man

·
Registered
871 Posts
you can drive it on 3 studs, just dont go racing into corners. I would either order a new stud through the dealer, or take it in and see if they cover it. Should cost about $15 at the parts store, maybe $20 through the dealer.

·
Powered By hopes & dreams
8,328 Posts
moved to b15 because wheel studs don't have anything to do with the specific engine

·
Registered
114 Posts
BlackoutSpecV said:
you can drive it on 3 studs, just dont go racing into corners. I would either order a new stud through the dealer, or take it in and see if they cover it. Should cost about $15 at the parts store, maybe $20 through the dealer.
a wheel stud? more like $3 if that helps but its a B!TCH to find the right one, atleast where i work it is.

·