Nissan Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When shifting from 1st to 2nd, I have to back off accelaration because of wheel spin. Fairly new Pirelli p6000 Sport Veloce's on car. What's a good process, without lowering car, of putting power to the street and eliminate wheel spin?

·
Paging Mr. Herman
1,042 Posts
I have to agree w/ the clutch idea. It is almost impossible to spin your wheels b/t shifts w/ a B14 unless you running some serious performance upgrades (i.e. no2, turbo, etc.).

·
Registered
191 Posts
Man, that's bs. I spin my tires easily from 1-2 on my 98 200sx SE even accidentally sometimes.

·
Paging Mr. Herman
1,042 Posts
I have NEVER spun my tires b/t 1st and 2nd, even w/ WOT and power shifting. Of course, I did forget that my se-r does have LSD, probably makes a huge difference.

·
Registered
249 Posts
That's what happens when you have more torque than horsepower.

What size wheels do you have?????

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm running stock 15" SE-R Rims. Only mod is JWT ecu and Stromung catback. No LSD, and definately wheelspin not clutch. Front end will get a little squirly.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Man, that's bs. I spin my tires easily from 1-2 on my 98 200sx SE even accidentally sometimes
Well, the SE doesn't have an LSD (if I remember right, the 98 SE-R version doesn't either). The LSD does make it a bit harder to spin the tires so this might be why you have no problems. Mine's an automatic, oddly enough if it's floored using street tires (potenza's) it will bark the tires with only minor upgrades. I'd be hard pressed to believe you couldn't force a wheel spin in a manual though even with the LSD.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Well I fixed that with adding bigger wheels (18's) runs faster on the track too.

·
Registered
87 Posts
after replacing my clutch and pressure plate with a ACT's heavy duty pp and street clutch, i always get wheelspin when shifting from first to second. and sometimes from 2nd to 3rd. a new clutch and pressure plate makes a HUGE differance. when at WOT and powershifting, i have to let off the throttle to keep the car in line, when shifting from 1st to 2nd.

·
Red line chaser
814 Posts
I'll agree with dookie. When I added the clutch/flywheel combo to my car, it became a different car totally. Spinning the 1-2 shift is easy, and the 2-3 shift can be chirped at will even with my 16's on the car. However, backing off just a hair with some quick shifts puts the power down effectively while keeping the car in a straight line.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts