Nissan Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, I've got a 97 HB 4x4 XE. Just put some brand new BF Goodrich All-Terrain KO's (LT235/75 R15) on her. Was wondering if I could just slap on some wheel spacers (Billet Aluminum Wheel Spacers) with the setup I have now? Wanted to widen the stance and give it a better look. Just curious, even though I probably won't be doing it for a while. Thanks!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah, that's what I've been hearing, that the proper backspacing is required on the wheels. so when are wheel spacers used and do you always have to get new wheels when you install them?

·
Registered
706 Posts
yeah, that's what I've been hearing, that the proper backspacing is required on the wheels. so when are wheel spacers used and do you always have to get new wheels when you install them?
Spacers are for those who don't want to buy new wheels or those going for a flush fit....you'll need longer studs if you do go with spacers just in case you didn't know...Nismo has them...

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I didn't buy new wheels because I didn't have the money and I don't want to hurt my gas mileage. Was just looking to widen the stance because the wheel well covers/guards are sticking out a good 3 inches past wheels. Was trying to widen it a little without buying new rims. :lame: , i know, haha.

·
Registered
706 Posts
Go with the widest tire you can get on our stock rims along with some spacers and longer wheel studs (Nismo or Nissan Motorsport)

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Since I bought new BFG KO tires already (LT235/75 R15), not going to buy new ones for a while. Guess I'll just buy spacers and studs later. So I guess the 4x4 hub will just be recessed in the rim?

·
Registered
156 Posts
wheel spacers are fine. i know a guy that put them on just to protect his hubs. sure is a lot cheaper then wheels, unless you go find old wheels in junk yard.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah, definitely way cheaper than new rims. Generally know what backspacing is. I got stock Nissan rims, so I didn't know if 1.25" wheel spacers would work okay with those. And I'd be way lucky to find a set of rims in the junkyard!

·
Registered
706 Posts
Yeah, definitely way cheaper than new rims. Generally know what backspacing is. I got stock Nissan rims, so I didn't know if 1.25" wheel spacers would work okay with those. And I'd be way lucky to find a set of rims in the junkyard!
pull them off and measure what you've got and hang a string and plumbob or weight from the fender and measure to the hub and measure also to the outside rim lip and you'll know how much you'll need for spacers

1 - 12 of 12 Posts