Nissan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Really thinkin about ditching my 18'' Motegi MR7's with a 215/35/18 tire to get some 17'' 225/45/17's. The thing is, I am buying a 300zx upgrade. A +45 offset is brutal and I don't really have much rubber hangin on the rim anyways, maybe an inch! Furthermore, I'll need spacers, was planning on the H&R spacers, good quality etc. Also, I want the rim flush with the body. This will work. But what rims come with a 4x114.3 pattern that have a +32 or +35 offset that arn't ridiculously priced? Will these offsets bring the rim flush with the body as well or will I still need spacers? I've heard of the 5 zigens but I would like to have a polished lip on them and black too. What width of rim is a 225 anyways? 7.5 or 8? Or either?

·
Locked and Loaded
1,227 Posts
little240boy said:
Really thinkin about ditching my 18'' Motegi MR7's with a 215/35/18 tire to get some 17'' 225/45/17's. The thing is, I am buying a 300zx upgrade. A +45 offset is brutal and I don't really have much rubber hangin on the rim anyways, maybe an inch! Furthermore, I'll need spacers, was planning on the H&R spacers, good quality etc. Also, I want the rim flush with the body. This will work. But what rims come with a 4x114.3 pattern that have a +32 or +35 offset that arn't ridiculously priced? Will these offsets bring the rim flush with the body as well or will I still need spacers? I've heard of the 5 zigens but I would like to have a polished lip on them and black too. What width of rim is a 225 anyways? 7.5 or 8? Or either?
are you planning on re drilling the brakes? i would reccomend a 5 lug upgrade first, then you can worry about the wheels, and you dont need spacers if you run the right offset. ask Joel, he knows more than anyone

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah I plan on re-drilling them, I have a buddy who is a machinest :) I'm too lazy to switch to 5 lug, although nice! Joel, what do you think about all this cuffufle?

·
Locked and Loaded
1,227 Posts
little240boy said:
Yeah I plan on re-drilling them, I have a buddy who is a machinest :) I'm too lazy to switch to 5 lug, although nice! Joel, what do you think about all this cuffufle?
oh, and if you search a little bit about offsets and stuff, this topic has been discussed many times too, but if you still have questions, joel is the man

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
kardon, while i appreciate the information about searching, i found what offset you need to clear the calipers, not really about my specific situation, flush body. but thanks....sorta

·
Pivot 180
2,258 Posts
offset has nothing to do with brake clearance.
Try for some buddy club P1's (kosei k1's). They come in 4 stud with a range of offsets. My housemate has 17x8 +32 front and 17x9 +38 rear. You can go for a +35 rear which will make them nice and flush with minimal camber (-1.5 deg). You may have to order them in though since the sizes are rare.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts