Nissan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Gotta Represent
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
alrite, so i am planning to buy these KONIG GT-R's from this one guy, for about $375. the thing is, that his rims are silver with a chrome lip. i want the rims to be black, with either a red or blue lip. i am going to paint the rims black(not powdecoat, because i want them to shine), then for the lip, what can i do... i think i can andonize it, but is that possible, also do you guys know any other methods that i can paint the lip so that it shines like the chrome did?

·
Gotta Represent
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ya, thats the one!!!

·
Banned
4,308 Posts
one, i will not alow you to paint a giant ass lip like that..........that is awsome.

two, those wheels look great!

three, you can get one of the best glossy finishes with a powder coating it is insain.

pic blows but that is an "ultra gloss black" powder coating and you dont get any orange peel with a PC, and please dont paint the lip BLUE! :thumbdwn: leave that thing polished like it was ment to be.

·
even better the 2nd time
2,719 Posts
i love the idea of a black wheel with a blue or red lip
i know the look you're goin for

ive wanted that for the longest time

unfortunately, i wouldnt try it myself. id take it a professional to get the lip anodized.

·
Banned
4,308 Posts
^now the anodizing looks good, but that still leaves it semi chrome. im talkinh full on painting it..........that would be bad.

and i have a feeling the duplicolor anodizing paint would look bad/not hold up very long.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts