Nissan Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When i look at my car outside of mi window i notice it lean in the back.THere's a huge wheel gap in the front suspension do you guys have any ideas

·
Still moderating..sorta
1,324 Posts
My wheel gap is bigger in the front too. Try taking any heavy stuff out of your trunk or maybe your springs are just sagging.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
my trunk is empty all i got is bottles of oil,socket set and a box full of misalenuous stuff. The spare tire i have taken it out a long time ago for weight reduction.
If i have sagging spring Ricebox wouldn't be smarter if i buy lowering springs instead of replacement one. How much do you think new spring cost in Canadien money.

·
Registered
258 Posts
One easy way to check is to compresse the rear suspension, i.e. push down on the back of the car. Push it down repititously three times, then release, if it dosn't bounce back up and hold, the rear sruts are prolly bad and causing some sort of sag. This will not cause the gap to go away in the front, but it will give you a better ride and probably will caus ehte sag to goaway. Nissan's are also well know for having a bigger gap in teh front then the rear, even the newer cars are like this. with my KYB GR-2's and Intrax springs, my gap is the same front and rear, both tires are IN the wheel well, I have 205 40 16's.
John

·
Still moderating..sorta
1,324 Posts
^^^^^

Yeah what he said!!! I know the Eibach pro-kits solve this problem by lowering the front more then the rear. The wheel gap issue is REALLY apparent on my dad's B14

·
Registered
258 Posts
I'm sure Charles cut a coil off of each front spring to match the gap in the front to the gap in the rear. This can be done as long as the strtuts are upgraded to units with a higher dampening rate, such as the Tokico blues. If this is done with stock struts it is Very dangerous, so please no el cheapo ideas. :(
John

·
Still moderating..sorta
1,324 Posts
^^^^

The Eibach pro-kits are designed to drop the front and rear at different rates to match the gap.

·
Registered
258 Posts
I hate to be a prick, but installed any lately? I have done numerous spring installations of all brands, on many different model Sentras B12-B14. Never have I seen one with perfect gap front to rear. I attribute mine to blown front struts. My new NISMO struts appear to be shortened considerably in the front and most likely will resolve this problem. I am very concerned after getting them though, Ride height appears as though it is going to be VERY low. I will compare old versus new struts when I install them. I may do it this weekend. I'll keep you posted.
John

1 - 12 of 12 Posts