Nissan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have to replace my wheel bearing in my front left tire. If i just buy a whole new steering hub would that be easier? I have found many cheaper then what the shop wants to charge me for changing a wheel bearing. I mean, if i buy a new steering hub would it come with the bearings all ready in it?

·
Registered
124 Posts
I have to replace my wheel bearing in my front left tire. If i just buy a whole new steering hub would that be easier? I have found many cheaper then what the shop wants to charge me for changing a wheel bearing. I mean, if i buy a new steering hub would it come with the bearings all ready in it?
i can get 2 wheel bearings for 36 dollars lol. but its about 120 in labor, they are push on bearing u have to do them from the back,

·
Registered
3,344 Posts
I found the brgs for $25 (oem)
You need to pull the hub 1st, the brg is held in by a snap ring, remove it and it should come out pretty easy

·
Nissan Technician
826 Posts
^^^The hub ISN'T held in with just a snap ring!

You need a hydraulic press to install and remove the bearing. That's why labor is a few hours...:rolleyes:

·
Registered
790 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Nissan Pathfinder SL
4,244 Posts
For my B14 the shop charged me $40 to press out the old one and press in a new one with new seals ( i provided all the parts)
Even if there is a snap ring on the B15 this is still a press in assembly.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts