Nissan Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
NF SUX DIK
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i searched and found no straight answer.

im trying to install my driver side axle on my 95 auto sentra. the b**ch had to pause because i dont have big enough socket for the nut thats in the middle of the wheel bearing/rotor.... what size is that? do i need 1/2 inch wrench? i just got basic wrenches.

those are the steps, correct me if wrong:
-take wheel off
-remove the little pin
-remove struts monting bolts
-separate the wheel bearing from the axle
-yank the axle out gently

Thank you.
Big Boss

·
My ass, your face
3,520 Posts
Boromir said:
i didnt expect anyone reply that fast.. thanx bro.

haha, yea, no prob.

this is how i typically do it

1. remove centercap off wheel
2. remove cotter pin from axle
3. remove axle nut with 32mm socket
4. remove wheel
5. loosen strut bolts (17mm)
6. ease axle out gently

the reason i take the axle nut off before anything is because it is usually on pretty tight and once the car is on jackstands..trying to loosen it up becomes hard(even if you have someone else hit the brakes) because it is usually torqued down pretty bad and all you end up doing is spinning the spindle which gets you nowhere. hope that helps

·
My ass, your face
3,520 Posts
Boromir said:
so you saying after step 3 (your steps) i should jack the car up, right?

correct....with the wheel on the ground..remove the axle nut and once its loose. raise the car and remove the wheel

·
My ass, your face
3,520 Posts
Boromir said:
and while taking the nut off, should someone step on the brake pedals? what do u reccomend

if the wheel is on the ground, no one needs to step on the brakes...just as long as the e-brake is engaged, u should be fine.

·
NF SUX DIK
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
nice, i think it will be easy then. ive seen it done once.. now since im at it, down and dirty..im tying to find a way to do tire rotation at home...its puzzling..any ideas? i got 2 jack stands, 2 ramps and lotta cylender blocks... hmmm is it really important to use a TQ wrench when mounting tires?

·
absolutely classic
455 Posts
Boromir said:
nice, i think it will be easy then. ive seen it done once.. now since im at it, down and dirty..im tying to find a way to do tire rotation at home...its puzzling..any ideas? i got 2 jack stands, 2 ramps and lotta cylender blocks... hmmm is it really important to use a TQ wrench when mounting tires?
pick up 2 more jackstands. You got four corners to work with. And yes, it's important to use a torque wrench when mounting the tires. Unless you want to break a hub bolt, and I don't think I would ride to the auto parts store with just 3 nuts holding a tire on there.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts