Votes: 8 27.6%
  • Wal-Mart

Votes: 3 10.3%
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To get a tool anything relating to tools what store do you like to go to?

·
Peek-a-boo....
1,717 Posts
well, Home Depot and wal-mart are across the street from each other near me, and we have the 'super wally-wurld', thats open like 24 hours or whatever, so i use that for groceryshopping, and light tools and stuff.

But when the Depot is open, I go there. we dont have a Lowes as of yet, but they started building one last month, and are blasting the site with cool explosives. Only reason i like Sears, is any Craftsman tool I have ever bought or inherited, can be exchanged no questions asked with a newer model, no matter how old.

GO LIFETIME GARUNTEE!!!!

·
What is Seven Ten for?
2,917 Posts
Slayer2003 said:
Only reason i like Sears, is any Craftsman tool I have ever bought or inherited, can be exchanged no questions asked with a newer model, no matter how old.

GO LIFETIME GARUNTEE!!!!
Our walmart and lowes ar side by side, home depot is across the street and I work at Kroger right in the middle of them both. However I get craftsman tools (sears) because of the lifetime garuntee, even if your parents give them tools they bought when they were teenagers.

·
Whoa...
2,073 Posts
xbrandonx said:
Our walmart and lowes ar side by side, home depot is across the street and I work at Kroger right in the middle of them both. However I get craftsman tools (sears) because of the lifetime garuntee, even if your parents give them tools they bought when they were teenagers.
i get craftsman for the same reason... snap on and MAC may be better, but at half the price but the same guarentee, im a sears guy...

·
Registered
103 Posts
You forgot Canadian Tire for us Canadians, Home Depot, Wal-Mart and Sears are a joke, they don't even sell anything worth looking at. For the last year my local Sears has been nearly tring to give their tools away and still no one buys them.

·
Banned
3,785 Posts
I don't limit myself to just one store. I have a Walmart , Home Depot, Pep Boys, Checkers, Lowes and an Autozone within 3 miles of my house, they don't all carry the tools I need...... Very rarely do they even have the parts I need all in the same place.

·
What's in your wallet?
2,640 Posts
I get my tools from Sears. Craftsman pwnz!!

·
Registered
65 Posts

·
Will work for beer
2,696 Posts
It was about $520 including install supplies (roll of wire, breaker for the panel, extra valves, piping, compressor oil, etc)... That was before discounts.. I had a 10% off coupon from when a friend moved, so we used it...

ended up costing me about $470 when all was said and done.

Much better than my crappy little 15 gallon Craftsman compressor. This one's rated at 100% duty cycle so I can run it all day when sandblasting. my old one I could blast 30 sec, then wait 3 min to air back up.. do it again... etc etc etc. took 30 min just to blast my EGR valve before powdercoating. grrrrrr

·
Registered
65 Posts
Matt93SE said:
It was about $520 including install supplies (roll of wire, breaker for the panel, extra valves, piping, compressor oil, etc)... That was before discounts.. I had a 10% off coupon from when a friend moved, so we used it...

ended up costing me about $470 when all was said and done.

Much better than my crappy little 15 gallon Craftsman compressor. This one's rated at 100% duty cycle so I can run it all day when sandblasting. my old one I could blast 30 sec, then wait 3 min to air back up.. do it again... etc etc etc. took 30 min just to blast my EGR valve before powdercoating. grrrrrr
Not bad.
For sandblasting tho, I got a friend with a full shop. Free dyno, sanblasting, alignment. Well its more of a barter deal, I help him out, he does the same back. Everyone is happy, :cheers:

·
Banned
4,308 Posts
you should put target up their....they have pretty good prices on stanly.

·
Will work for beer
2,696 Posts
HF has good prices, but most of the tools are also cheapola Made in China crap!! Stay away from their impact sockets and such, but if you need a cheap dir drill or grinder for a 1-2-3 use type of deal, they're fine.

When you look at their better stuff- like Campbell Hausfield air compressors, their prices are close to everyone else.

·
Registered
65 Posts

·
Will work for beer
2,696 Posts
As I said before, their prices on the name brand stuff aren't that great..
http://www.manlypowertools.com/Powe...d-PF800-1-2-Air-Impact-Wrench_B00064YKD8.html
http://powertoolsvault.com/B00064YKD8/index.php
http://www.mytoolcenter.com/info-B00064YKD8.html

I listed the C-H above because many people use them for lots of stuff, from impact wrenches to air compressors. They make *decent* tools. not the quality of IR, but good enough for the weekend wrenchhead.

I wouldn't touch the crappy cheapo tools at HF.. I've seen their impact sockets explode on a good impact wrench... I was lucky the first time, and I don't want to ever see it happen again..

·
Registered
43 Posts
I'm a sears guy, 99% of my tools are craftsman and they are all hand tools right now. I just tinker on the weekends so they serve me well. Looking into getting some air tool, probably gonna go with ingersol rand (sp?).

·
Will work for beer
2,696 Posts
IR stuff is good, but you can usually get the Craftsman stuff just a bit cheaper (almost all their stuff is made by IR)..
go to craftsman.com and search for item #19905
Then go to ingersoll Rand's website (www.irco.com) and search for a 2130.
same tool, slightly different appearance as IR has an updated design, Craftsman is still using the older design.

·
Registered
103 Posts
The Craftsman air tools I have used were garbge, pathetic torque and warrantied often. Most of the craftsman air tools I've seen/used are made by DeVilbiss. CH would be a better choice for economical air tools in my opinion. Ingersol is the way to go, don't forget about CP either.

·
Will work for beer
2,696 Posts
Their compressors are done by Devilbiss and indeed, they are crap. (see various other threads around here about my bitching about them.)
their cheapo air tools are made by devilbiss, but their better impact wrenches are all IR.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts