Nissan Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was considering a CAI and then went out to inspect the factory intake on my 03 spec v. This setup looks pretty good compared to alot of factory setups I've seen. Appears to be 2 intake tunnels for cold air coming from the grill and 1 intake tunnel going to what I think is between the inside fender. how much better could a CAI or POP charger be???

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ok. you guys convinced me.... I ordered a JWT Pop charger yesterday..... Good price too! $120.

·
Registered
41 Posts
ok, ive hear of intakes and everything else, but i got lost with a pop charger?! what is it exactly? whats it look like and whats does it do, specifically?
thanx

·
Registered
41 Posts
Mr SEntra said:
I don't think the POP charger is worth it, IMO. I think you should pick up either AEM or Injen. I've seen both, and I think Injen has better fitment and quality. Again, IMO. ;)

ok, wtf is a pop charger?! describe to me what it is and what it does plz....im so confused man...

·
Registered
41 Posts
Mr SEntra said:
POP charger is pretty much a mass air flow adapter plate with a air filter attached. Click here to see what I'm talking about. ;)

would that be good for a 02 spec-v? or just a cai? whats the difference?

·
Go Drift Alliance!
646 Posts
xluv2eatx said:
would that be good for a 02 spec-v? or just a cai? whats the difference?
Okay, I would definitely recommend the cold air intake. Why? It's been dynoed higher than a POP charger set up. I love the way my CAI looks and feels and it performs well. The biggest difference in the two set ups is that one draws cooler air from the bottom of your car and with the proper diameter piping and velocity, it helps the air flow to your intake manifold. The warm air setup is basically open in the hot engine bay, which to me isn't worth it. Now, I haven't had any personal dyno testing in each, but from what I've read and researched, the cold air intake is the way to go. ;)

·
Registered
41 Posts
Mr SEntra said:
Okay, I would definitely recommend the cold air intake. Why? It's been dynoed higher than a POP charger set up. I love the way my CAI looks and feels and it performs well. The biggest difference in the two set ups is that one draws cooler air from the bottom of your car and with the proper diameter piping and velocity, it helps the air flow to your intake manifold. The warm air setup is basically open in the hot engine bay, which to me isn't worth it. Now, I haven't had any personal dyno testing in each, but from what I've read and researched, the cold air intake is the way to go. ;)
what would be a good manufaturer to purchse a cai, and whats the price?

·
Go Drift Alliance!
646 Posts
xluv2eatx said:
what would be a good manufaturer to purchse a cai, and whats the price?
Two sites for you: ;)

www.b15sentra.net

www.thevboard.com

IMO, I would go ahead and pick up a Injen CAI. Reason? Well, recently my friend Dallas who owns a '02 Spec got his AEM CAI in the mail and the fitment was horrible. The quality was bad! Both the pipes were supposed to silver and they came in two different shades of silver. The Injen intake in my friend T's Altima is of great quality and fitment was great. I know it's an Altima, but I'm pretty amazed at the quality of Injen nowadays. ;)

·
Registered
41 Posts
Mr SEntra said:
Two sites for you: ;)

www.b15sentra.net

www.thevboard.com

IMO, I would go ahead and pick up a Injen CAI. Reason? Well, recently my friend Dallas who owns a '02 Spec got his AEM CAI in the mail and the fitment was horrible. The quality was bad! Both the pipes were supposed to silver and they came in two different shades of silver. The Injen intake in my friend T's Altima is of great quality and fitment was great. I know it's an Altima, but I'm pretty amazed at the quality of Injen nowadays. ;)
thanx alot, i appreciate it..:)

·