Nissan Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Banned
809 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im curious.. although we all hate on ricers and stuff.. whats wrong with them? I mean, they enjoy driving a nice looking car (what they consider nice) and they have fun, just like us.. so.. whats wrong with them.:eek:

·
P.O.S. Truckdriver
2,070 Posts
i don't have a problem with what most people call rice (ie: just making your car look good and not caring about how fast it goes). if you look at it like alot of people aren't those people who ride in suv's or luxury cars sittin on dubs rice? what i consider rice and make fun of is ugly ass cars...like that probe on the sr20 forum w/ a stock wing and a gt wing bolted on top of it. or the cars on beaterz.com...or that riceboy page...or that kid i work with that has an 87 celica "Type r" with 13" wires lol. just my $0.02

·
what?
2,704 Posts
Hmmm,
Lets see if you call this car rice or not:
It has xenon lights and LED tails. Its doors help close themselves. It has power seats in the rear. It has an air suspension. It has HUGE rims, and mega wide tires. It does have dual exhaust, but no wing. Super dark tint. It has an LCD in the dash. The mirrors have turn signals on them.

Its a mercedes S-class stock.
Personally if my sentra had any of this, I dont think it would be rice. I think rice is just a term for obnoxious or outrageous and unneccesary.

Seth

·
Boost anyone?
1,625 Posts
I personally have nothing against people who just want to fix up their car to look nice. I hate it when people slap their Type R stickers and emblems and think they're the $h!t. That is a ricer. Someone who has just a bodykit, rims, and any other mods that otherwise would not help it go faster does not necessarily mean that he is a ricer. I want to go semi-rice. I want to fix my car up with performance mods and with a tight bodykit to make it look nice in the process. I dont believe in the sleeper look. That is just my opinion.

N

·
0 Posts
I agree with seth in this one over-indulgence can lead to rice( in a yoda voice)
xenon lights lead to altezzas , altezzas lead to 20 in. rims, 20 rims lead to big body kits, and big body kits lead to RICE
do not fall to the rice young nissan enthuisast

·
DNE's VZR Conversion
6,079 Posts
over-indulgence can lead to rice( in a yoda voice)
xenon lights lead to altezzas , altezzas lead to 20 in. rims, 20 rims lead to big body kits, and big body kits lead to RICE
I have Altezza 's on my Sentra , I dont want 20 inch rims i only want 17 " , i planning on using a VIS 240 SX kit and custom fit it onto my car or using a Sentra Model one , and i want the carbon fiber M3 Mirrors with turn signals.

Is that rice? i dont know. you tell me but i dont think it is

·
tiffany was hardcore?
195 Posts
rice is a matter of opinion wrong badges and unneeded sticker of things you do not, have neon lights:rolleyes: and other crap like that yes tail lights body kits ,wings( some times but that is a matter of taste) i liek my sleeper look cause i dont care for the body kits out there one day i might see one i like but doubt full 99% of all rice cars are modele after the ones we like from Japan the so called capital of rice!

·
Banned
1,531 Posts
It seems like most of the so-called "ricers" are driving their 1st car and want it to pick up chicks. NOW REMEMBER.....this is just MY opinion......and you know what they say about opinions. I know my car ain't the quickest or the best looking, but I like it. Don't really care for the FLASHY look, just the clean look.

For now I'd rather spend $800-1500 on a few performance upgrades than a body kit anyday. But if you enjoy the looks more than the performance, then hats off to ya.:cool:

·
ex-Super *********
1,410 Posts
Rice...
IMHO Factory rice is cool as shit(like the Mercedes).. 510s came with a package that had stripes and gauges.... thats cool in my book. As for All Show No Go... If a person wants to spend money on looks and not perfomance thats cool. I think rice is a mentality not a action. To me rice is a guy who thinks he fast cuz of his show shit. For those who put the wrong badges on, tpo me thats Ghetto not rice.

·
NPM Lead Editor/Webmaster
4,571 Posts
Simple...It's not rice if it can back it up.

A badge that doesn't belong: Rice

Lowered Cars with cut springs and stock suspension: Rice

Anything Type-R that is not really a Type R: Rice

Window washers led lights: Rice

Giant muffler tips on an otherwise stock car: Rice

Any fake anodized blue parts from Pep Boys: Rice

Neon Shift Knobs and pedals: yup...rice

Fake Carbon Fiber anything: Rice

Body Kits that add to the look of the car and aerodynamically correct: Not Rice

Body Kits that look like a genetic experiment gone wrong, aka..Robo Kit: Rice

Wheels that stick out farther than the body of the car: Worse than rice

just a few observations.....

·
ex-Super *********
1,410 Posts
Mike,

I agree with the badges.

You dont even want to start with me about cutting springs(even though I dont have cut ones). Thats a discusion for the suspension forum.

I agree with the "Type R"

I agree with the wiper light, and I will say that for and non functional lights or redundant lights. Does one really need 3 sets of fogs?

I agree with big tips on stock cars. Maybe even tips bigger than the exhaust pipe(guilty here).

I agree with the anodized parts

Neon..deffitetly rice

Bad body kits..hella rice

Out-board wheels..yup,rice

But I think we are talking about whats wrong with it and not what is or isnt rice.

·
Boost anyone?
1,625 Posts
OKay i dont think windshield washer lights are rice. I have the cobra eyes from autostoned. I dont have those sick ass blue housing ones. I noticed people have like green or burgundy cars and put those on. That's rice. I have a neon shifter, i dont think im all bad ass but i like the way it looks. I agree with the type r badges and stuff like that. Oh yeah and to whoever said that the tires sticking out is rice, its not rice because only mexicans do that (hangs head in shame as his own kind does it). We who dont do it call it beans. Or "damn that car is so beany"

·
Banned
809 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
hahhahah, Yes, you are correct, whats wrong with rice, not, what rice is or isnt.

Hahaha, well I mean, everyone has there own opinion on cars.. some like flashy, lighted, strobe light infested, decal packing genetically dehanced body kits, and 100% Fake carbon fiber. Some choose to have nothing on there car, but put motor and speed.. some like mixed. i just want to know why people hate ricers, i have washer lights, and they look cool..

·
Boost anyone?
1,625 Posts
Ricers make the import scene a joke. Someone who is a ricer is someone who puts appearance mods that dont help performance and think it will make them go faster. That is a ricer. It is not someone who makes their car look better.

·
Registered
135 Posts
I thought import scene was just getting together to hang out with people who have the same cars as you? From japan? No korea since they only make those ass ugly hyundai's and daewoo.

1 - 20 of 72 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.