Nissan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
734 Posts
have you tried pulling the codes from your ECU? even if the sensor light is not "on" it can still have a bad sensor.

·
Registered
64 Posts
The put put noise when idle you hear is possibly a bad exhaust valve which doesn't seal enough anymore. Take a piece of paper and hold it against the exhaust pipe. If paper is sometimes sucked then it is a bad exhaust valve.
The other thing I hear is that the exhaust line is leaking a bit.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Yes, but it came with 55 (no error).I have new spark plugs,distributor wires,exhaust and have cleaned air mass meter and TPS.Now im waiting for new vacuum lines.Exhaust has removed catalytic converter.Sorry for my bad english but im Czech :p

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes i know.Engine is bit knocking when idling.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Its possible that someting in EGR system is bad and can cause engine problems like bad idling?I tried disconnecting the EGR solenoid valve and it seems to be better.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Can bad O2 sensor cause that engine problems?

·
Registered
734 Posts
Can bad O2 sensor cause that engine problems?
i guess it could, but if the O2 sensor is bad, then the sensor light should come on with engine running. does the light work when you turn your key "on"?

the sensor light is only used for the O2 sensor on these engines.

·
Registered
734 Posts
you should have a sensor light in the instrument cluster. turn your key "on" and see if the sensor light comes on. if not, then you know your bulb is bad.

If it comes on then goes off when your engine is running, then your O2 sensor is within specs.

·
Registered
734 Posts
i cant tell in the vid, but if you dont see the word "SENSOR" then you dont have the on your instrument cluster. its a bit different then the U.S model.

And when you checked for engine codes in mode 3, on your ECU. you got a code 55?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
i got 44 and it mean (no problem in named circuits)

·
Registered
734 Posts
your right on the code 44. sounds like a head/valve problem, like listed above then.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
And what about vacuum problem?If i disconnect EGR solenoid valve it sounds better,but if i disconnect any vacuum line in the EGR system,engine will stall.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts